Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Secure Files module in SS v.3

Go to End

12 Posts   4589 Views

pga

Community Member, 8 Posts

21 September 2012 at 1:43am

Edited: 21/09/2012 1:44am

I need to secure access to some uploaded files for members only.
How to do it? - unfortunately Secure Files module doesn't work in newest SilverStripe version :-(

Thanks!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 September 2012 at 4:43pm

Check to see if the module has been forked at all (https://github.com/hamishcampbell/silverstripe-securefiles/network) as someone might be working on a 3.0 version, otherwise contact the maintainer and see if they have any plans to update the module.

dizzystuff

Community Member, 94 Posts

21 October 2012 at 7:59pm

Hi pga, I've just updated the parts of the module I need for a project I'm working on - namely Group based permissions (but not individual Members or Token access). It's a bit hacky I guess but it's "working for me" :)

I'm not totally across pushing and pulling and carrying on on github yet, but like I said this is a rushed and unfinished update to the mod anyway, so I'm just zipping it up and attaching it to this thread for now. If I get the chance I'll try a pull request into the mod repo properly later in the week.

As I said though, I've now got it working for me. Hope it helps.

tv

Community Member, 44 Posts

9 November 2012 at 8:33am

Edited: 09/11/2012 8:36am

Hey dizzystuff,

Would you mind explaining how you got the updateCMSFields method to work? I have the following:

public function updateCMSFields(FieldList $fields) {

$secureFilesTab = $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Security',
                                new HeaderField(_t('SecureFiles.SECUREFIETABNAME',
                                'Security')));

}

but I am receiving an error:
Error at framework/forms/FieldList.php line 288: FieldList::addFieldToTab() Tried to add a tab to object 'FieldList' - 'Root' didn't exist.

Not seeing the attachment...

Thanks!

tv

Community Member, 44 Posts

12 November 2012 at 6:36am

Please see this thread for how I got this working in SS3: http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/21391

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

6 December 2012 at 4:19am

Don't suppose someone is able to send me over a version of the Secure Files module that works on v3? I really need it for a project that's going live soon. silverstripeforum[at]pswd.biz

Thank you! :)

mimamo

Community Member, 22 Posts

15 July 2013 at 8:13pm

Hi,
i'm although trying to get this module working.
But i I didn't get it ... :/

I downloaded the latest version from github, renamed the folder, uploaded it and ran a dev/build.

now i get an Server error if i try to access the files section, or any site with files on it .. :/

can someone please help me to get it working? i need it very urgent.

thanks in advance

benni

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

15 July 2013 at 9:07pm

beho: What version of SilverStripe are you using?

Go to Top