Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Secure Files module in SS v.3

Go to End

12 Posts   1720 Views

pga

Community Member, 8 Posts

21 September 2012 at 1:43am

Edited: 21/09/2012 1:44am

I need to secure access to some uploaded files for members only.
How to do it? - unfortunately Secure Files module doesn't work in newest SilverStripe version :-(

Thanks!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

22 September 2012 at 4:43pm

Check to see if the module has been forked at all (https://github.com/hamishcampbell/silverstripe-securefiles/network) as someone might be working on a 3.0 version, otherwise contact the maintainer and see if they have any plans to update the module.

dizzystuff

Community Member, 93 Posts

21 October 2012 at 7:59pm

Hi pga, I've just updated the parts of the module I need for a project I'm working on - namely Group based permissions (but not individual Members or Token access). It's a bit hacky I guess but it's "working for me" :)

I'm not totally across pushing and pulling and carrying on on github yet, but like I said this is a rushed and unfinished update to the mod anyway, so I'm just zipping it up and attaching it to this thread for now. If I get the chance I'll try a pull request into the mod repo properly later in the week.

As I said though, I've now got it working for me. Hope it helps.

tv

Community Member, 44 Posts

9 November 2012 at 8:33am

Edited: 09/11/2012 8:36am

Hey dizzystuff,

Would you mind explaining how you got the updateCMSFields method to work? I have the following:

public function updateCMSFields(FieldList $fields) {

$secureFilesTab = $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Security',
new HeaderField(_t('SecureFiles.SECUREFIETABNAME',
'Security')));

}

but I am receiving an error:
Error at framework/forms/FieldList.php line 288: FieldList::addFieldToTab() Tried to add a tab to object 'FieldList' - 'Root' didn't exist.

Not seeing the attachment...

Thanks!

tv

Community Member, 44 Posts

12 November 2012 at 6:36am

Please see this thread for how I got this working in SS3: http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/21391

purplespider

Community Member, 82 Posts

6 December 2012 at 4:19am

Don't suppose someone is able to send me over a version of the Secure Files module that works on v3? I really need it for a project that's going live soon. silverstripeforum[at]pswd.biz

Thank you! :)

mimamo

Community Member, 22 Posts

15 July 2013 at 8:13pm

Hi,
i'm although trying to get this module working.
But i I didn't get it ... :/

I downloaded the latest version from github, renamed the folder, uploaded it and ran a dev/build.

now i get an Server error if i try to access the files section, or any site with files on it .. :/

can someone please help me to get it working? i need it very urgent.

thanks in advance

benni

purplespider

Community Member, 82 Posts

15 July 2013 at 9:07pm

beho: What version of SilverStripe are you using?

Go to Top