Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Flexslider Module for ss3

Go to End

22 Posts   10541 Views

BaldBish

Community Member, 1 Post

16 September 2014 at 8:58am

Edited: 16/09/2014 6:08pm

I'm pretty new to SS but am enjoying tinkering around with it. Just wanted to let you know your slider works a treat using SS 3.0.5. (About to begin testing on 3.1.6) The instructions are good too, made some tweaks to the CSS and the slider displays exactly how I wanted. Thanks for the great module :)

lx

Community Member, 83 Posts

16 September 2014 at 9:36am

Edited: 16/09/2014 6:08pm

Thank you for your nice words.

MartinHiQ

Community Member, 1 Post

21 October 2014 at 10:53pm

Hello and thank you for this module, did StefanDpunkt or someone else solve the issue with non-admin security levels adding slides? The button "Add slider" is gone for groups that does not have "Full administrative rights".

mhdesign

Community Member, 216 Posts

30 October 2014 at 3:41pm

Having another moment with Flexslider. In general it plays nicely with Silverstripe however I'm up against a wall here. Client has supplied layout indicating they would like to float slider image to left of banner and caption to the right (it doesn't overlay image). I've done this no problem on a static HTML site but the combo of Silverstripe and Flexslider seems to limit things a bit. I can't move the caption beyond the left edge of the image or it disappears 'out of frame'.

Things are not helped, of course, by the fact that I have THREE stylesheets to play with. Has anybody had success with this sort of styling? Can't understand why it supposedly 'can't be done'!!

robskinn

Community Member, 12 Posts

29 January 2015 at 3:11am

Hi,
Great work on FlexSlider. I'm using SilverStripe version v3.1.9 and all seems OK except I can't seem to talk to the object through the CMS window usng the shortcut that you provided;

[FlexSlider id="1" width="400" height="300"]

It gives me the fatal error;
Fatal error: Call to a member function forTemplate() on boolean in C:\xampp\htdocs\mysitehere\flexslider\code\FlexSlider.php on line 312

Any ideas?
Thanks

lisac

Community Member, 1 Post

31 March 2015 at 11:03am

I installed flexslider on SS 3.1.1

It works in Chrome and Firefox but NOT in Safari or IE. Can anyone help?

My page.ss includes this section that loads jquery:

<% if $LoadCycle2 %>
<script type "text/javascript" src="/framework/thirdparty/jquery/jquery.js"></script>
<script type "text/javascript" src="/textproject/thirdparty/cycle2/jquery.cycle2.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/textproject/thirdparty/cycle2/cycle2-styles.css" />
<% end_if %>

I tried removing the call to jquery in flexslider.php as I read here: http://www.advancedwebhelp.com/blog/2014/having-a-problem-with-silverstripe-flexslider-fix-it

That just made my slider stop working altogether.

In Safari and IE, I see a standard UL with my slider images stacked on top of each other. Every once in a while, if I refresh chrome I see this also, until I re-build and flush the cache. I'm not seeing any console errors.

I took over this SS site recently and am not super SS knowledgeable. Why would the slider work some of the time?

Site is here: http://www.textprojectdev.dreamhosters.com/

Attached Files
Go to Top