Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

UserForms - Unable to add fields

4 Posts   483 Views

Lukereative

Community Member, 8 Posts

30 January 2013 at 11:46am

Edited: 30/01/2013 11:47am

When trying to add a field on a user form I get the error There has been a error above the add field box.
I used the Chrome dev tools and found that it is giving a javascript error

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'split' of undefined

I have confirmed that I installed the module correctly, in the root with the folder named 'userforms' and I have run a /dev/build?flush=all
Does anyone have a fix for this?
Thanks.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

9 February 2013 at 3:46pm

Try doing a flush on the userforms page

site.com/admin/edit/pageid?flush=1

That error would indicate one of the templates isn't working (doesn't have a name) so if you still have an issue after flushing, let me know what form field you're trying to add.

Also for completeness, try create a new Userform page and recreate the form and see if you get an error there.

Lukereative

Community Member, 8 Posts

9 February 2013 at 4:39pm

It turns out that since the database/form I was using was upgraded from SS2 to SS3, the database hadn't upgraded quite right.
I managed to find and fix the problem by comparing it to a working userform on another database which directed me to the fact that there were no entries in the EditableFormField_Live Table so I fixed it by copying the rows in the EditableFormField Table to the EditableFormField_Live Table.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

9 February 2013 at 11:18pm

Must have been quite an old 2.* site, that migration took place probably 2-3 years ago now. https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-userforms/blob/master/code/tasks/UserFormsVersionedTask.php is the task you need to run to republish all the form fields but sounds like you've got it sorted by hand.