Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Issue with User Forms

Go to End

13 Posts   4969 Views

JMOR

Community Member, 12 Posts

12 March 2013 at 7:35am

Edited: 13/03/2013 9:30am

I downloaded the latest user forms module userforms, and it does call user forms, but when I try to goto the page in the back admin
it freezes on it as something is wrong.

Someone said I have to do a git sub or something, all I did was a rebuild

When I try to do a ?flush=1 it says memory exhausted error

rbpynet

Community Member, 4 Posts

14 March 2013 at 12:32pm

Edited: 14/03/2013 5:37pm

I got some issue too! I downloaded 'silverstripe-silverstripe-userforms-0.4-123-g5935b1c.tar.gz' unzipped, renamed to 'userforms'. Placed it in my sites root directory. Run in my browser - "http://localhost/silverstripe/dev/build" or "http://localhost/silverstripe/dev/build?flush=1" to rebuild the database. Then on my admin page i clicked one of my pages name 'services'. Under the setting tab. I can see a new PageType 'User Defined Form'. I clicked it it prompted me with a dialog box then i clicked OK to proceed. Everything when well.. but when I hit the "save & publish" button. A msg box at the right top corner of my screen say "internal server error". I cant save the damn page which forced me to removed the userforms folders. sigh! im using silverstripe 3.0.5.

added: Error at line 580 of /opt/lampp/htdocs/silverstripe/framework/model/MySQLDatabase.php

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

14 March 2013 at 5:41pm

Hello,

I am also receiving an internal server error after adding a new page using this module.

I am also running the latest version of SilverStripe.

Cheers,

Gary

gakenny

14 March 2013 at 6:09pm

Hello,

I have downloaded the latest master build from the module page. I was unable to extract this on the server so I extracted locally and repackaged before uploading.

After recreating the thirdparty folder and the jquery-validate and Placeholder.js subfolders (and the relevant contents), I have been able to overcome the issue described in this thread.

Cheers,

Gary

rbpynet

14 March 2013 at 6:38pm

Edited: 14/03/2013 6:39pm

hey mate what file did you download? silverstripe-userforms-master.zip or silverstripe-silverstripe-userforms-0.4-123-g5935b1c.tar.gz ?

When i checked my thirdparty folder it has 2 sub-folders inside of it but empty. cheers

gakenny

14 March 2013 at 7:07pm

Hi,

On this page:
http://www.silverstripe.org/user-forms-module/

Look for latest master build on the right hand side of the page (you need to scroll to find this).

The file is called:
silverstripe-userforms-master-HEAD.tar.gz

I did need to uncompress this file locally and recompress before uploading to my server to overcome any error messages.

Cheers,

Gary

rbpynet

14 March 2013 at 7:35pm

Hi gakenny,

Thanks mate. i run some permission issue. but all is well.

its working now. Awesome!!

Cheers,

Eric

Wezzlee

Community Member, 28 Posts

15 March 2013 at 10:50am

Hi rbpynet,

can you please tell me what you exactly did to solver the issue. I have also installed the lastest version of Silverstripe (3.05) and downloaded the latest version from github, but somehow it does not work. When I create a New User Defined Form (Draft) it appears in the page menu, but when I Click on it a white page appears and the following error message: "Error at line 580 of /var/www/vhosts/8/136859/webspace/httpdocs/framework/model/MySQLDatabase.php"

How can I solve this? I have followed the install instructions and I even did the ?flush=1 in the admin section, but nothing seems to help.

Any help is welcome! Thanks

Wesley

Go to Top