Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Newsletter SS3 - Getting newsletters to SEND!

4 Posts   736 Views

novaweb

12 March 2013 at 9:57am Community Member, 115 Posts

Hey Team,

Have installed newsletter via composer, and also installed message-queue and added the following to my _config.php

MessageQueue::add_interface("default", array( "queues" => "/.*/", "implementation" => "SimpleDBMQ", "encoding" => "php_serialize", "send" => array( "onShutdown" => "all" ), "delivery" => array( "onerror" => array( "log" ) )));

(I'm not sure if "default" is meant to be a placeholder for the intended configuration.)

As per the doc on GitHub.

My problem is, the messages are Queued for Sending, but remain in a "Sending" state... and never actually send.

If someone can help me out I will happily document getting newsletter/messagequeue working together nicely and submit it back to SilverStripe so people have a guide to follow in future.

Peavers

15 March 2013 at 9:58am (Last edited: 15 March 2013 10:07am), Community Member, 8 Posts

Would also really like to know how to sort this out. I can't seem to find any error logs or debugging information is to why they are not sending. If I remove message-queue (as its not required, only recommended ) I just get a "Failed" message instead of "Sending".

I also note that under the Sent Newsletter tab, clicking on a previous newsletter it says "Send To (none)" instead of the mail list it was supposed to use.

This is on the latest 3.05 install.

nos4a2

15 November 2013 at 3:20am Community Member, 2 Posts

Hi,

Does anyone have a solution for this? Without messagequeue module everything works, but with this module the messages stay scheduled forever. What am I missing??

Thanks,
Christoph

Sygmoral

10 May 2014 at 6:43am Community Member, 23 Posts

I have this issue too now. Newsletters stayed as "Scheduled", and restarting the queue didn't make a difference. I had to remove the messagequeue module to get the newsletter to actually send.

But 4 months ago it worked perfectly. Because of that, I think it has something to do with permissions: I reduced a lot of the permissions recently, giving apache only read access to everything (except the upload folder and language files). Can't immediately get it back to work though.

Does MessageQueue require write- or execute permissions anywhere? Or does any user other than the default apache user need certain permissions? (since MessageQueue sends outside of php execution)