Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Newsmodule 1.0 for SS3.0.x and higher.

Go to End

17 Posts   1330 Views

Sphere

Community Member, 44 Posts

2 May 2013 at 11:05am

I have pushed my work to it's first official release, a Silverstripe 3.0.1+ (up to 3.1) newsmodule. Newsitems are handled via the ModelAdmin to prevent clutter in the SiteTree.
Required are:
SS3.0.1+
GridFieldBulkEditingTools
SortableGridField
GriedfieldPaginatorWithShowAll

Optional is including the translatable. Which is not yet fully integrated, but it works in general form.

You can find my release at:
http://github.com/Firesphere/silverstripe-newsmodule

The release-branches will always be stable, Master-branch is stable, but with experimental features, Development-branch is ehm... Development, it's not stable, it's not always working, it might contain bugs.

By releasing version 1.0, this module has made a great step towards growing up. It started as an idea, now, finally, I can say, It has a stable version.

There are a few unimportant issues left, most related to other modules of mine or others. If you encounter a bug, please, create a ticket on github.

Any questions can be send to my github-contact address. Due to the amount of questions I have received, I have decided NOT to answer to questions that are send to any of my private e-mail addresses.
95% of the support questions were not related to my module, but due to missing requirements btw ;)

No backend demo yet, sorry, I'm very busy, but I have not yet had the time to talk to my hosting about a subdomain.

Any questions can be addressed to github@casa-laguna.net

And please, read the readme? It's there for a reason ;)

Sphere

7 July 2013 at 4:06am

Upgraded to version 2.0 for Silverstripe 3.1 only.
Lot of new features and bugfixes.

Brasil

Community Member, 12 Posts

12 July 2013 at 11:43pm

Looks a great module!

But unfornunately I have an issue. After installing I see the whole news module in the cms and I'm able to add newspages and news messages. But after I add one message the screen in the cms keeps blank and also all other screens in the cms are not working anymore untill I refresh my browser. After this refresh I can use the cms again untill I click News, than the same issue.

Sphere

13 July 2013 at 4:59am

Hi Brasil,

Yes, somehow, a HUGE bug passed by my tests. My apologise. Latest hotfix version should fix this issue.

Brasil

15 July 2013 at 8:20pm

Hi Sphere,

Thanks for reply. I downloaded the latest master, but unfornunately still the same problem. Maybe I do something wrong?

Sphere

15 July 2013 at 8:52pm

That's very strange. Do you have all the required modules installed as well?

Brasil

15 July 2013 at 10:29pm

I installed GridFieldBulkEditingTools and SortableGridField

I will try on a fresh install.

Sphere

15 July 2013 at 10:33pm

That is strange. Latest version should work just fine. I haven't seen any errors as of recently.

I'll run some tests when I'm home tonight.

Go to Top