Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Userforms (ss3.0) > Extending a Field Type

3 Posts   474 Views

Futureweb

Community Member, 233 Posts

12 June 2013 at 10:24am

Hi there,

I'm trying to extend some of the field types in the UserForms module, to add some extra functions, and override some functions.

Eg - EditableLiteralFieldDecorator.php:

<?php

class EditableLiteralFieldDecorator extends DataExtension {

static $db = array (
"ExtraField" => "Varchar",
);

// override to use html editor
public function getFieldConfiguration() {
return new FieldList(
new HtmlEditorField("Fields[$this->ID][CustomSettings][Content]", "HTML", 4, 20, $this->getSetting('Content'))
);
}
}

and in the site _config.php file:

Object::add_extension('EditableLiteralField', 'EditableLiteralFieldDecorator');

Dev/build is creating the extra DB fields no problem, but my 'getFieldConfiguration' function isn't being called, the site is just using the 'getFieldConfiguration' function from the core file. Eg, I want my 'getFieldConfiguration' function override the core module 'getFieldConfiguration' function.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

15 June 2013 at 8:19pm

EditableFormField::getFieldConfiguration() doesn't have any extension hooks so you cannot decorate the fields. What you'd need to do is submit a patch to GitHub adding the extension hooks you need.

// EditableFormField::getFieldConfiguration()
$options = new FieldList(
   $ec,
   $right
);

$this->extend('updateFieldConfiguration', $options);

return $options;

Then you can include a updateFieldConfiguration function in your DataExtension

Futureweb

Community Member, 233 Posts

17 June 2013 at 11:17am

Thanks Will,

I've added " $this->extend()" to into the "getFieldConfiguration" function on the "EditableLiteralField" class. Works great.

Seems that different form fields work a bit diferently, when getting the custom fields, and i couldn't see a universal way of adding in the hook for the base EditableFormField class...