Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

DisplayAnything turns my site to crap!

2 Posts   255 Views

arthurdent

Community Member, 168 Posts

11 July 2013 at 4:46pm

Liked the sound of DisplayAnything, sounded nice and easy to install, no accessory modules -- but it made my site die -- all I get is a white page. Just tried it with a fresh install of SS and the same thing happened. Is it a version thing (I'm using SS 3.0.5)? Anybody have any issues with this module?

arthurdent

Community Member, 168 Posts

12 July 2013 at 3:25pm

Edited: 12/07/2013 3:25pm

Right. I pulled the display_anything folder from my rood directory, rebooted the whole machine (not a matter of simply restarting MAMP), dropped display_anything folder in again, did a dev/build/ and presto:

Creating database tables
Email_BounceRecord
File
Field File.ClassName: changed to enum('File','Folder','Image','Image_Cached','WatermarkedImage','UploadAnythingFile','DisplayAnythingFile','DisplayAnythingYouTubeVideoFile') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'File' (from enum('File','Folder','Image','Image_Cached') character set utf8 collate utf8_general_ci default 'File')
Folder
Image_Cached

That was it. White screen territory. So I grabbed the message and went to post to this forum. White screen again! And this time on an external server! Whatever is happening with this module is breaking things at a very fundamental level!!

Reboot machine and we're back in business. Going back to ImageGallery...