Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117820 Views

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

23 March 2009 at 10:23am

Hi UncleCheese,

Just downloaded your Image Gallery... it's looks really great thanks. Everything installed properly. I can add galleries, photos etc. Just a few things however:

I'm getting an 'element is undefined' error on the album page. In addition, some of the pre-configurated popups don't work correctly in IE.

i.e.
lightbox (alt) - screen doesn't blacken behind.
shadowbox - doesn't work. Just freezes.
NyroModal - doesn't work.

Any ideas what is causing the 'element' error? Maybe this is why some of the popups aren't working.

Many thanks and great work.

Briohny

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

23 March 2009 at 10:27am

This only happens in IE7?

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

23 March 2009 at 10:29am

Yes... it seems to be working fine in firefox. I've only tested these two.

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

23 March 2009 at 10:59pm

The module has made it onto the silverstripe extensions section http://silverstripe.org/imagegallery-module/

Congrats uncle cheese :) great work!

Anatol

126 Posts

25 March 2009 at 3:13pm

Edited: 25/03/2009 3:14pm

Hi UncleCheese,

thanks for telling me about your awesome module a while ago. I love it.

I had one problem, though. To make sure I tested it on a completely fresh install of the current stable version of Silverstripe 2.3.1 and with the current SVN revision #94 of swfupload, dataobject_manager and image_gallery.

All works fine but when I set up the static publisher I get an error (red Javascript Parse Error in the bottom left corner of the CMS) once I press "save and publish". The left hand site tree in the CMS does not get updated if I changed the title and the 'save and publish' button still shows the rotating graphic.

Once I refresh the complete CMS everything is fine and I can see that the gallery page is updated.

I also notice that the cache folder that is created by the static publisher extension does not contain a cached version of the image gallery.

I think the problem here is that the image gallery probably needs some extra lines of code for the static publisher to work. The Ajax response returns the complete html of the frontend image gallery page, and that causes the Javascript Parse Error.

Does anyone know how to fix that and how to make the image gallery module cacheable? Or as a temporary solution: how can I exclude the image gallery from being cached?

Once again, thank you for your great contributions, UncleCheese!

Cheers!
Anatol

UncleCheese

25 March 2009 at 3:29pm

Yeah, I know nothing about the static publisher, so if anyone has any thoughts, please contribute. It would be great to get ImageGallery to the point that it's solid enough to get along with any 2.3 configuration.

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

27 March 2009 at 6:21am

Edited: 27/03/2009 6:22am

Is there a way to display the album Cover Image on the gallery page as well as the album page? I have been looking into this for a couple of hours now and I thought that this would work but it doesn't seem to.

I put this in the ImageGalleryPage controller:
public function AlbumCoverImage()
{
return $this->CurrentAlbum()->CoverImage;
}

This doesn't return anything. If I use CoverImageID I do get the ID of the CoverImage but I don't know how to use that ID to get the actual image from the files table.

UncleCheese

27 March 2009 at 6:33am

What about:

<% control CurrentAlbum %>
$CoverImage
<% end_control %>

Go to Top