Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117825 Views

Joshuarr

Community Member, 37 Posts

22 April 2009 at 4:19pm

GD was set to 75 - that shouldn't be too bad. Anything else to check?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 April 2009 at 4:28pm

I would definitely crank it up to 100. That's what I've always used.

Felicia

Community Member, 7 Posts

23 April 2009 at 4:35am

The NextAlbum function is not returning the next album. It is actually returning the last album. Has anyone else seen this problem?
I am running the latest version ( I believe)

Thank you for your help.

UncleCheese

23 April 2009 at 4:41am

In the CMS, on the Albums tab, try re-sorting the albums and then placing them back to their original positions.

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

23 April 2009 at 7:43am

Edited: 23/04/2009 7:43am

Uncle Cheese,

I have noticed that in the recent updates of the image_gallery, there is no drag-drop sorting of images any more. The checkbox to allow sorting is missing. Is this intentional? Sorting Albums still works.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

27 April 2009 at 11:44pm

Hi UncleCheese, just getting into the module again and wondered if you would be able to provide any wisdom on the following application of it.

I would like to extend the blog module so that each post has a ImageGallery attached to it in addition to that I would like that any registered user (~50 of them) would be able to upload pictures from the front end, ie. without having to use the CMS. I don't imagine an issue with the extension of the blog but wondered if you could comment on the best way to approach the front end upload into the gallery?

Thanks for all your awesome work!

UncleCheese

28 April 2009 at 1:50am

@micasheets - Not sure about this one. Check your image_gallery/_config.php and make sure this line:

SortableDataObject::add_sortable_classes(array(
'ImageGalleryItem',
'ImageGalleryAlbum
));

is in tact.

@howardgrigg - It will take some coding, but it can easily be done. I would look at how the SWFUploadField works in FileDataObjectManager and ImageGalleryManager. The uploader will call the function handleswfupload() on the current controller, and as you'll see, you can just use that function to create a new ImageGalleryItem, assign the proper relation IDs to it, and write it. If you get it coded and it's acting weird, you can post your code up here and maybe I can help you out. Alternatively, I could code it up for you, but not for free. :)

micahsheets

Community Member, 165 Posts

28 April 2009 at 6:08am

Uncle Cheese,

I see that since I am using my own class of ImageGalleryItem I needed to put the SortableDataObject array in my _config.php. Now it works.

I am wondering why that SortableDataObject but goes in the _config.php file instead of in the Class definition?

Go to Top