Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   79342 Views

rico

Community Member, 5 Posts

27 May 2009 at 1:42am

I haven't but just after i've written the thread, i realised that i need to install these Modules. And now it works very good.

But still the download Link under http://www.silverstripe.org/imagegallery-module/ dosen't work, maybe you could check this.

Thanks alot for your reply, and for the great module!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

27 May 2009 at 2:59am

Thanks. I've contacted Silverstripe about the problem. Seems like something broke on their end.

Xeal

Community Member, 37 Posts

29 May 2009 at 3:26am

Edited: 29/05/2009 3:27am

Hey,
<br >wasn't sure where I should post this error and I didn't really want to make a new thread, since I can figured you must have your hands full with all the current threads due to the new release. I really have no idea how to create this problem, as for as I'm concerned this is an error that occurred after I updated to the latest SilverStripe release. I even tried wiping out the database and rebuilding it. I also get a strange warning when attaching an image as the cover image of an album. Not sure if other people are having the same problem, as I searched the forum and couldn't find anything. I would give the link to the website, but unfortunately it's still on my local machine and I don't have a server to put it on yet :(
<br >
<br >This is the warning I get when attaching a cover image
<br >

<br >Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\NewVersion\silverstripe-v2.3.2-rc1\dataobject_manager\code\flv\FLV.php on line 37
<br >
<br >Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\NewVersion\silverstripe-v2.3.2-rc1\dataobject_manager\code\flv\FLV.php on line 155
<br >
<br >Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in C:\wamp\www\NewVersion\silverstripe-v2.3.2-rc1\dataobject_manager\code\flv\FLV.php on line 206
<br >

<br >
<br >This is the fatal error that makes my gallery unable to load
<br >

<br >[User Error] singleton() Called without a class
<br >GET /NewVersion/silverstripe-v2.3.2-rc1/new-imagegallerypage/?flush=all
<br >
<br >Line 272 in C:\wamp\www\NewVersion\silverstripe-v2.3.2-rc1\sapphire\core\Core.php
<br >Source
<br >
<br >263 * data (e.g. the custom SilverStripe static handling).
<br >264 *
<br >265 * @uses Object::strong_create()
<br >266 *
<br >267 * @param string $className
<br >268 * @return Object
<br >269 */
<br >270 function singleton($className) {
<br >271    global $_SINGLETONS;
<br >272    if(!isset($className)) user_error("singleton() Called without a class", E_USER_ERROR);
<br >273    if(!is_string($className)) user_error("singleton() passed bad class_name: " . var_export($className,true), E_USER_ERROR);
<br >274    if(!isset($_SINGLETONS[$className])) {
<br >275     if(!class_exists($className)) user_error("Bad class to singleton() - $className", E_USER_ERROR);
<br >276       $_SINGLETONS[$className] = Object::strong_create($className,null, true);
<br >277       if(!$_SINGLETONS[$className]) user_error("singleton() Unknown class '$className'", E_USER_ERROR);
<br >278    }
<br >
<br >Trace
<br > * singleton() Called without a class
<br > Line 272 of Core.php
<br > * singleton()
<br > Line 2380 of DataObject.php
<br > * DataObject::get(,AlbumID = 1 AND ImageGalleryPageID = 5,,,0,30)
<br > Line 382 of ImageGalleryPage.php
<br > * ImageGalleryPage_Controller->Items()
<br > Line 398 of ImageGalleryPage.php
<br > * ImageGalleryPage_Controller->GalleryItems()
<br > * call_user_func_array(Array,Array)
<br > Line 318 of ViewableData.php
<br > * ViewableData->obj(GalleryItems,,1)
<br > Line 70 of .cacheC..wamp.www.NewVersion.silverstripe-v2.3.2-rc1.image_gallery.templates.Layout.ImageGalleryPage_album.ss
<br > * include(C:\WINDOWS\Temp\silverstripe-cacheC--wamp-www-NewVersion-silverstripe-v2.3.2-rc1\.cacheC..wamp.www.NewVersion.silverstripe-v2.3.2-rc1.image_gallery.templates.Layout.ImageGalleryPage_album.ss)
<br > Line 354 of SSViewer.php
<br > * SSViewer->process(ImageGalleryPage_Controller)
<br > Line 346 of SSViewer.php
<br > * SSViewer->process(ImageGalleryPage_Controller)
<br > Line 773 of ViewableData.php
<br > * ViewableData->renderWith(Array)
<br > Line 202 of ImageGalleryPage.php
<br > * ImageGalleryPage_Controller->init()
<br > Line 113 of Controller.php
<br > * Controller->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
<br > Line 29 of ModelAsController.php
<br > * ModelAsController->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
<br > Line 277 of Director.php
<br > * Director::handleRequest(HTTPRequest,Session)
<br > Line 121 of Director.php
<br > * Director::direct(/new-imagegallerypage/)
<br > Line 118 of main.php
<br >
<br >

<br >
<br >I attached a picture of the error because if you're anything like me I prefer seeing visuals than actual text.

Attached Files
UncleCheese

29 May 2009 at 3:33am

Interesting. I've updated the function that was using the pass by reference. I don't have a dev box to test on right now. Can you run an svn update and see if that fixes the bug?

Xeal

29 May 2009 at 3:44am

Edited: 29/05/2009 3:48am

Well the warning was fixed to fix it all you have to do is go in php.ini and find "allow_call_time_pass_reference" and change the value to On. The warnings disappeared after that, but I still have the error crashing my website. I do have the latest version of all the modules.

[EDIT]
Yeah the update fixed the warnings.

Xeal

29 May 2009 at 6:04am

Edited: 29/05/2009 6:18am

One of my friends helped me debug the error, and we came up with a solution, not sure if it's the best one though.

$files = DataObject::get(
   singleton(str_replace("_Controller","",$this->class))->itemClass, //This line is the problem itemClass is a protected value
   "AlbumID = {$current_album->ID} AND ImageGalleryPageID = {$this->ID}",
   null,
   "",
$limit
);

singleton(str_replace("_Controller","",$this->class))->itemClass,
we replaced this line with
singleton(str_replace("_Controller","",$this->class))->getItemClass(),

and we also created a method in the ImageGalleryPage

public function getItemClass()
{
   return $this->itemClass;
}

And everything works now, as far as I can see.

[EDIT]
Patch file included as attachment

Attached Files
AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

9 June 2009 at 1:43am

Hey guys,

Apologies if this has been covered earlier, I went back a fair way but didnt see anything like what I'm asking.

Is there a way to get the last 5 uploaded images from all albums, and display square cropped images? This would be from both the albums page, and also a homepage pagetype.

Cheers in advance

UncleCheese

9 June 2009 at 2:28am

I think I covered that topic here:

http://www.silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/261771#post261771

Go to Top