Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117785 Views

Chucky2k

Community Member, 32 Posts

22 February 2009 at 10:56pm

Been playing with this over the weekend and have seen two issues.

1. After uploading photos to a second album of a gallery page and you are adding captions you need to select the album from the Album dropbox each time. If you do not then that image will be added to the selected album. It appears to always be the 1st album added.

2. When adding a Cover Image to an album and you are selecting one from the file store, the folder for the gallery page has the name of the page as it was first saved. Also the name of the first album folder retains the Default Album name. When I check the Files & Images section of the CMS I can see that all folder names are the same as the page names and album names.

Hope that all makes sense.
David

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

23 February 2009 at 5:13am

1) make sure you have the correct album selected in the "choose an album" dropdown. The newest version writes the name of the album you're uploading to on the upload button for clarity.

2) I'm somewhat aware of this. I think there's some sort of flush I need to run after creating those folders. The import dropdown in the upload window often saves old data, too... For a while, then it catches up. Weird.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming!

cAmLs

Community Member, 1 Post

24 February 2009 at 3:04am

Hi,
I use Silver Stripe 2.3 rev and 37th.
It works so far as well.

Is it in a future version the possibility, the nature of the change in size to choose?
Because : At the moment, the thumbnails just a part of the picture and not a fully scaled version of the image.
Sorry for my bad english, i used google to translate...

And for future future Versions :-) it is possible to move Albums between Pages ?

By the way, thanks for your great work.

UncleCheese

24 February 2009 at 3:47am

Hi, cAmLs,

There's a good reason for this, actually. The thumbnails need to be of equal width and height because they are displayed in an unordered list with floating LI tags. If the thumbnail were a true scaled down version of the image, there would be no guarantee that all the images would be the same height, and the layout would possibly break.

This is the kind of thing that would work in a table layout, but with CSS, unfortunately, we have to use fixed heights to give the illusion of "rows."

richard-ward

Community Member, 31 Posts

24 February 2009 at 4:19am

Firstly, fantastic work UncleCheese - you are cracking through all the work everyone really wants and needs!

Just a note about the layout, i'd have thought that it would be perfectly possible to have the images keeping their aspect ratio and not cropped whilst keeping on a grid structure without tables.

If the LI's are floated left, and each LI has the height and width set, then that is all that is needed for the grid structure. So long as the images inside the LIs are max dimension of the LI, then they could be aligned and valigned to suit.

Just a thought.

Many thanks yet again.

UncleCheese

24 February 2009 at 4:53am

Sort of, but if the images vary in their aspect ratio, the heights will be different. I suppose the resampling could be SetHeight, but just the thought of all those varying shapes and sizes makes me nauseous. Just seems like really bad design and I'm not sure I want to encourage that. Thumbnails don't necessarily need to contain all the image content. They're supposed to be previews, right?

Well, either way, something to put on the wishlist.

DHN

Community Member, 23 Posts

24 February 2009 at 4:56am

Is there some special way to download this from SVN with some software.. Using MAC but have never downloaded from SVN before ??

UncleCheese

24 February 2009 at 4:58am

There's all kinds of SVN software out there, but IMO, Terminal works fine.

cd ~/Documents/my-web-site
svn co ...

Go to Top