Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117778 Views

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

19 December 2008 at 12:18am

Thanks UncleCheese, that works great (as long as the images are uploaded from the within the gallery).

I still have a problem with my 'view all' control, now it seems to just do nothing, the images remain paginated as normal. I also get some strange results when moving images around on the second page, they seem to jump over to the first page when I go back to that one.

Anyway thanks for that code, looking forward to the next update! :)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

19 December 2008 at 7:08am

Edited: 19/12/2008 7:33am

Hey, guys,

I have an update for you. Not too many new features, but a lot of bug fixes that make it compatible with the 2.3 RC. I've bundled with it a new copy of GalleryPage.php that you can place in gallery/code/ to fix errors it was throwing.

I think we're getting closer. Let me know how it goes.

BTW: There's still a bug that comes up if you name your page "gallery." The uploader looks for gallery/handleswfupload and returns a 404 because it's looking at the physical directory "gallery" in your root folder for the gallery module. Can't figure out why it's not respecting the rewrite conditions.

EDIT -- sorry.. still a few things to tweak. File removed.

Attached Files
UncleCheese

19 December 2008 at 10:44am

Well, that was exciting. Looks like SS changed their core code so that File excludes the Content field, so no captions were showing up. Then I thought, well, that can't be, how would they support their current gallery module? Turns out, if you look at the modules page, it's not there anymore! Go figure.

So, here are a number of fixes. Not too much new stuff. Please test! Thanks.

Attached Files
Joshuarr

Community Member, 37 Posts

19 December 2008 at 10:48am

Giving it a go. Thanks for continuing to develop this - it's really important functionality!

UncleCheese

19 December 2008 at 10:53am

Added the $ImageCount function that Aram requested (should work for all photos regardless of how they were added).

Attached Files
Joshuarr

19 December 2008 at 11:07am

Sweet, I'm running a fresh install of ss 2.3-r67085 with the updated image gallery 0.6a2. Lots of improvements!

I think this is mostly css stuff - I plan on taking a look - but there are a couple problems when viewing an album. At least on my machine on FireFox 3.0.4.

Attached is a jpeg that the following comments refer to.

A. These little squares link to the 34th image and I have no idea why.

B. & C. The image gallery's 'gallery' tab is unmodified and says 30 per page, 6 images per row. Here the 7th image is being cut off, and the rest of them are nowhere. Likely CSS - I will investigate.

D* On multipage galleries, the show all button would be nice to have as an option for the public.

E. (not shown) - Just a reiteration of the request for the lightbox views to span the entire album rather than just the current page.

Hope this helps! All in all, great work! I'm sure lots of us really appreciate it.

Attached Files
Joshuarr

19 December 2008 at 11:30am

Edited: 19/12/2008 11:33am

OK, so in regards to the hidden thumbs - the thumbnail images are being laid out in a table, but there is no code to break them into multiple rows. The html looks like:

<table>
  <tr>
    <td>
    <td>
    <td>
    <etc.>

...And all the tds are in that one row.

Why not float the imgs and ditch the table? Would that mess up the reordering capabilities or something?

Also - the gallery admin page, where the thumbs are in an ul they are displayed fine.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

19 December 2008 at 12:49pm

Edited: 19/12/2008 12:51pm

I am using CSS to layout my gallery with no troubles....unless the other problems i am having are related? Seems unlikely though.

I can post my code if anyone wants it :)

Thanks for the update UncleCheese, I will test it out as soon as i can and let you know of any issues