Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension: Testers Needed

Go to End

417 Posts   117797 Views

Joshuarr

Community Member, 37 Posts

26 February 2009 at 9:40am

Cool - I'll update & check it out. Thanks again.

About the cross-page browsing in the lightbox, maybe I just don't understand, but aren't you preloading just the next few images while browsing in the lighbox? it doesn't seem that problematic to keep flipping through in the lightbox while the thumbnail page remains the same.

Right now loading a large page of thumbnails is really painful, and my largest gallery is only about 87 images. When there's a few hundred on the page it will be unmanageable.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

26 February 2009 at 9:46am

The way it's done is by loading the last 20 images or so, wrapping them in a display:none, then loading the "current" 20 images, shown normally, then the next 20, also wrapped in a display:none;. That's how the last gallery module did it, anyway.

Actually, you know what? We don't need to load images. Just the hrefs to them. Good thinking. I'll add it in.

el berto

Community Member, 3 Posts

27 February 2009 at 6:46am

Hey UC,

I've been playing with IG for a couple of days now. You've fixed most of my suggestions before I made them! This afternoon I've been trying to add Galleria support to the module. I'm very new to silverstripe and sapphire but I have a 'working' example on my localserver. The only problem is that galleria is a little different structurally to a lightbox plugin, so formatting using the standard ImageGalleryPage_album Layout is a bit of a PitA (I'm not sure if a separate Layout or a bit of JQuery majik is the answer).

Is it something you're interested in supporting in the module? Anyway, excellent work!

UncleCheese

27 February 2009 at 6:52am

The templates that are bundled with the image_gallery extension are by no means intended to be used on your final website. They're just examples to help you get started. I would override what you need to in /mysite/templates/Layout and do it your own way.

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

28 February 2009 at 11:56pm

Hi UncleCheese,

These modules look great! I have run into a problem, my install uses the 2.3 branch and the latest svn's from you for the relevant modules. It does not appear to be loading the modules css files in the CMS which causes obvious display issues including not opening a pop-up instead it fills the screen with only the content of the popup and I have to press "Back" to return to the CMS. I have attached an image of the Albums tab.

Thanks for any help

Attached Files
UncleCheese

1 March 2009 at 4:23am

Any javascript errors? Is the actual table view styled correctly? Can you use the web developer toolbar to make sure the stylesheets are loading? If on a public domain, please post a link with temporary admin creds so I can test.

George

Community Member, 41 Posts

2 March 2009 at 4:19am

Hi UncleCheese,

maybe an interesting popup style for the image gallery module:
http://smoothgallery.jondesign.net/

BMS

Community Member, 4 Posts

2 March 2009 at 9:41am

SS Version 2.3.0
Gallery Version 0.2.3
Image_Gallery from page 8 of this thread

Browsers:
Firefox 3.0.6 (For Editing)
IE 6.0 (as part of testing)

Notice a style issue in IE6 when looking at an album with more than one page.
The album page navigation comes in like a descending staircase. Just started
to look over the css but figured it might be a good idea to bring it up so more
brains can check it out.

Also just noticed that since I added a second album to an image gallery page
that the first album is no longer viewable but the second is. This is true from
either browser. If I delete the newer of the two albums and republish and
reload the site after clearing cache the original album works fine.

Currently there is only one album in the gallery in question. Link here for
those with IE6 that care to look.

http://www.benincasaphoto.com/CMS-1/merhs-girls-basketball/

This is a test installation of SS in a subdirectory of my actual site. This is not considered
Live.

Go to Top