Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Image Gallery Extension Troubles

Go to End

34 Posts   13491 Views

soft-systems

Community Member, 11 Posts

5 March 2009 at 11:37pm

Edited: 07/03/2009 4:20am

Hi - Did your problem with the [save] button being your only option when uploading an image in Image Gallery Module ever get cleared up? I'm having this same problem now - and I get to the end of this thread and its been abandoned? Is that still the case?
If so - are there any other options around for an Image Gallery with captions that pops up using lightbox?

Thanks!

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

6 March 2009 at 2:15pm

Yes, please see the other thread about the new ImageGallery extension. Delete the one you have now, along with the gallery module, and check out the following from SVN:

svn co http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/dataobject_manager
svn co http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/swfupload

/dev/build

svn co http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/trunk/image_gallery

/dev/build

qlex

Community Member, 68 Posts

7 March 2009 at 2:31am

Edited: 07/03/2009 3:05am

Hi,
i have followed your instructions and uploaded the modules and dev/build in the correct order.

logged in to admin section, and when i wanted to create Image Gallery Page i got an error: Javascript Parse Error at the bottom part of the admin section.

any suggestions what could cause that ?

qlex

UncleCheese

7 March 2009 at 3:36am

Turn on error reporting in your _config.php.

Debug::send_errors_to('myemail@address.com');

And let me know what the error is.

soft-systems

7 March 2009 at 4:08am

Edited: 07/03/2009 4:13am

Haven't even managed to get 2.3 to install yet :| its asking for php5 when I already have it installed through wamp?
anyway... do you have a solid Image Gallery install that works in 2.2.3 / 2.3 at all? Have you used it for anything before?
I'm looking for is an image gallery where people can upload, and the images when clicked, display the lightwindow. I know it exists already but its so buggy, and I'm no programmer and - you guys are doing great

UncleCheese

7 March 2009 at 4:14am

They're all separate components. dataobject_manager and swfupload are useful without the image_gallery. It's the same way a jQuery widget doesn't come bundled with the jQuery core and the jQuery UI core. People who already have those components installed don't want to go through and remove all the redundant code.

Also, ImageGallery has not been tested on any 2.2.x releases. You should upgrade to 2.3 before installing it.

soft-systems

7 March 2009 at 4:23am

Edited: 07/03/2009 4:25am

I would install 2.3 if i could - am having trouble with it recognising the wamp install of php? It's php 5.2ish I'm being a total half-assed hack here.

UncleCheese

7 March 2009 at 4:28am

How does WAMP ship with anything less than 5.2? What version of PHP are you running?