Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

S3UploadFile / S3UploadField Availability, documentation?

Go to End

2 Posts   1438 Views

PaulO2

Community Member, 2 Posts

21 March 2014 at 6:56am

Edited: 22/03/2014 2:06pm

I accidentally tripped across Part 3 UncleCheese's Uploadify tutorial (here: http://www.leftandmain.com/silverstripe-screencasts/2010/08/25/uploadify-tutorial-part-3-amazon-s3-integration/), which mentions S3UploadField and S3MultipleUploadField for integration with Amazon S3.

I need to use this or something similar in SilverStripe 3, but I can't find any mention of it anywhere other than that tutorial, and searching the Forum and on Google is turning up nothing.

Can anyone point me to documentation for S3 integration for file uploads, including where to get such a module for SS3?

Thanks!

fb3rasp

Community Member, 2 Posts

17 December 2014 at 1:24am

Hi PaulO2,
Did you find a workaround as I am facing exactly the same issue.

You can switch the branch of UncleCheese module to 3.0 and do need to do some minor alterations (method signature need to be matched to the framework's implementations).
When you use a new deployed AWS service, like Frankfurt, you will have the challenge with the V4 authentication. UncleCheese's module does not support V4 at it uses the 'undesigned' PHP SDK.
I could spent some time on upgrading the module and use a more current PHP SDK but you will lose some of the nice visual formfield features.

Now I am looking at re-writing my own FileField with its CMSS3FileAddController but am not sure if I re-invent the wheel right now.
Did you have any success with the S3 UploadField?

R