Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Attach multiple files/images to a page

Go to End

8 Posts   5398 Views

Amir Mostofi

Community Member, 59 Posts

6 January 2009 at 12:50pm

Following the method described in this post, I have been able to successfully set up tabs in the CMS to attach multiple files/images to a page. How can you then set up a drag n drop functionality to reorder the list of attached files? The way the form fields in the User Forms module can be reordered looks perfect.

I know about the Has-many file manager module. However,
- The module does not install properly in SS 2.3.0-rc2.
- The files/images attached to a page have to be uploaded separately for each page from your computer. I need the files/images to be attached from the existing assets folder/subfolders. And when an attached file is deleted on a page, it remains intact in the Assets folder. The method described in this post achieves this, but not the reordering.

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

6 January 2009 at 2:22pm

Hi, Amir,

I'm actually working on something right now that will be a perfect solution for this problem. It's called BulkUploaderField and it supports drag-and-drop management and of course bulk uploading. I'd love for you to beta test it for me. I should have something really rough by the end of the week.

If you're just interested in drag-and-drop reordering, you should check out the SortableDataObject extension. You can get it off my website at www.carlinowebdesign.com. Documentation is here in the wiki.

Amir Mostofi

6 January 2009 at 3:21pm

Hi UncleCheese,

I'd be glad to test the BulkUploaderField. It sounds promising. Will it allow you to select files from your existing files & images assets?

I'll be looking into the SortableDataObject extension you mentioned as soon as I get some time.

Thank you

Amir Mostofi

6 January 2009 at 5:42pm

Hi UncleCheese,

I just had a look at the SortableDataObject extension. How can you use that extension in the CMS and not on the front end? I have a FileAttachment DataObject class and have used ComplexTableField to build the file attachment functionality for all Page types. Your templating requirements makes the extension applicable only on the front end.

Thank you in advance.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

6 January 2009 at 11:16pm

Hi ..

Have a look at this module.. It works perfectly for me...

http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/134180

Amir Mostofi

7 January 2009 at 9:29am

Fuzz10

Thank you for that. But, the Has many file manager module

1. does not work on SS 2.3.0-rc2 and
2. it does not let you choose files from your existing assets (files have to be uploaded separately for each page and are deleted completely from assets when removed from the page.)

Do you have any solutions for the above issues?

UncleCheese

7 January 2009 at 10:22am

Sit tight.. I'm working on a prototype for a module that does exactly what you're looking for. It's a lot less clunky than the HasManyFileManager. I'd love for you to test it out. Just give me another day or two. Keep checking this thread.

UncleCheese

9 January 2009 at 9:32am

Hi, Amir,

I've finished the module if you want to check it out. See this post:
http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/251905

I could use testers!