Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

A Calendar extension

Go to End

25 Posts   7141 Views

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

27 January 2009 at 1:07am

Thanks wombleme,

My goal with this extension is to prevent the users of a website to go away from it to use a calendar.
lets see what I can do with the codes.

chris_d

Community Member, 21 Posts

27 January 2009 at 1:54am

Edited: 27/01/2009 1:54am

I agree, I no longer the google calendar code- requiring users to update on google as well as silverstripe was too much of a hassle.
instead i've used the product module and hacked the search function to search products by date.
I'm looking forwards to trying out your module, its about time silverstripe had a proper calendar module :)

to that end, the ability to import .ics files from google calendar etc. would be a very useful function, though i imagine rather hard to implement

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

27 January 2009 at 4:13am

For more robust calendaring features see this module as well:
http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/252811

There's talk of eventually merging the two of them.

Nivanka

27 January 2009 at 4:39am

yes thats true,

UncleCheese, may be we two can talk more about this, I have some ideas to implement too, I think you got my email, drop me a line.

twm

Community Member, 2 Posts

9 February 2009 at 1:07pm

Edited: 09/02/2009 1:08pm

Hey there,

Thanks for this module. I'd been failing with iFrames for an hour or so, so good to see that someone has done something a bit more advanced!

I'm new to SilverStripe, but have successfully added the iFrame module by uploading it to the SilverStripe-v2.2.3 folder and then using the db/build/ url modifier to force the database to add it into the CMS. I imagined that this module would function similarly, but I've ried the above process and it does not seem to have added anything in the page templates list. Is it actually a page template module, and how do I use it? If I'm wrong (likely) and it's not, then please can you post some dumbed down instructions for me...

Many Thanks,

Nathan

Nivanka

10 February 2009 at 7:06am

astate

Community Member, 35 Posts

19 February 2009 at 1:05pm

i have the calendar-v0.0.4.tar.gz
The installe are make with no error

I can and event correctely

on the web page i see all date of month

The problem are, i can't see the event on public page..

Sorry of my english

Nivanka

19 February 2009 at 3:00pm

Hi - I suggest you to get the latest build from here http://developments.whynotonline.com/cal/

The did you register an event with the calendar holder? do it with using the tick boxes just before the events of the calendar.

I wrote some more about this on the dokuwiki, refer to this http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=calendar_module#ho_do_i_register_events_with_a_calendar_holder

Refer to this.