Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Password protecting pages

Go to End

4 Posts   3166 Views

bones

Community Member, 110 Posts

8 January 2009 at 6:06am

Is there any way to force a visitor to enter a username and password before they can view the content of certain pages? This isn't anything to do with the CMS- one of my clients wants to create a "staff only" area.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

8 January 2009 at 6:11am

yes, this is something that can be done,

in the admin area, go to your page which you need to protect, then on the access tab, select the user group.

thats it.

bones

Community Member, 110 Posts

8 January 2009 at 6:37am

Oh.. dead easy! How I love Silverstripe.

Thanks for your help :)

Netmaster

Community Member, 2 Posts

30 January 2009 at 6:47am

I have a follow up question regarding this. I see that once you password protect a page, then that page doesn't appear on the site at all. Is it possible to actually show the page (as a list or menu item) but assign it an icon (perhaps a padlock) that shows that the page will require a login in order to access?

Alternatively, how do you request that the visitor logs in? Is there a pre-defined Silverstripe page that is already built to permit internal users to submit their credentials thereby permitting access to pages that they're allowed to read. From what I can see, the only password page that Silverstripe has is the main admin page?