Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Subsites Modules - Problems + Bugs ... and how i overcame them (so far)

14 Posts   4438 Views

ulysses

16 February 2010 at 1:30am (Last edited: 16 February 2010 1:30am), Community Member, 57 Posts

Hi Silverseba,

Ran this again. Now the first time I run the db/build I got the website error but the second time the db/build went successfully. The subsites tab is now visible but when I click on i t, it reports another error.

[Warning] file_get_contents(/home/kidsmc/domains/kidsmusiccompany.com/public_html/cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
GET /admin/subsites/

Line 472 in /home/kidsmc/domains/kidsmusiccompany.com/public_html/sapphire/core/Requirements.php
Source

464    }
466    /**
467     * Load the given javascript template with the page.
468     * @param file The template file to load.
469     * @param vars The array of variables to load. These variables are loaded via string search & replace.
470     */
471    function javascriptTemplate($file, $vars, $uniquenessID = null) {
472       $script = file_get_contents(Director::getAbsFile($file));
473       foreach($vars as $k => $v) {
474          $search[] = '$' . $k;
475          $replace[] = str_replace("\\'","'", Convert::raw2js($v));
476       }
477       $script = str_replace($search, $replace, $script);
478       $this->customScript($script, $uniquenessID);

Trace

* file_get_contents(/home/kidsmc/domains/kidsmusiccompany.com/public_html/cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js)
Line 472 of Requirements.php
* Requirements_Backend->javascriptTemplate(cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js,Array,)
Line 133 of Requirements.php
* Requirements::javascriptTemplate(cms/javascript/tinymce.template.js,Array)
Line 101 of GenericDataAdmin.php
* GenericDataAdmin->init()
Line 113 of Controller.php
* Controller->handleRequest(HTTPRequest)
Line 277 of Director.php
* Director::handleRequest(HTTPRequest,Session)
Line 121 of Director.php
* Director::direct(/admin/subsites/)
Line 118 of main.php

Turned the DEV mode off and the error is not displayed.

silverseba

16 February 2010 at 1:35am Community Member, 26 Posts

As the installation seems to work (the Subsites tables are installed obviously) this error may result from your cache.
Logout from the admin area, clear your browser-cache, restart your browser and call the admin area again. In previous versions of silverstripe that helped me a lot.

ulysses

16 February 2010 at 1:37am (Last edited: 17 February 2010 3:09am), Community Member, 57 Posts

Thanks for the support. I have now defined 2 subsites and trying to get it configured.

The Subsite virtual page does not work. The drop down to choose a page to link to comes up with a fatal error as follows:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method TreeDropdownField::tree() in /home/kidmusiccompany.com/public_html/subsites/code/SubsitesTreeDropdownField.php on line 34

Any suggestions? Has anyone got this fatal error fixed?

Has anyone got a copy of a working Subsite v0.1?

Iain_vdw

19 February 2010 at 12:31am Community Member, 22 Posts

Hi there,

I've got a semi working copy of the subsites module.

I managed to install SS 2.3.6 with genericdataadmin and subsites, the subsites tab is visible in the CMS and i can add subdomains. However, once I want to publish a newly added page in a subdomain, the CMS hangs on "publishing". After refreshing the page isn't published and/or saved.

Can anyone help me with this issue?

honeybunny

1 April 2010 at 6:55am Community Member, 79 Posts

@Iain-vdw - I'm still using 2.3.5 but am having the same problem with subsites just hanging when I try to save or publish a new page. Did you ever find the answer?

HB

christian.b

4 April 2010 at 2:59am Community Member, 8 Posts

Since your SilverStripe version is in between and I had the same problem at first, maybe this forum entry helps: [url=http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/281695#post281695]Successful installation of Subsites module on SS 2.3.0 (2.3.7 seems feasible)[/url]