Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Gallery: No popup, no lightwindow ... even on demo page?

Go to End

4 Posts   2392 Views

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 January 2009 at 4:06am

Hey everybody,

I have started using SilverStripe a few days ago for a new website. So far everything works like a charm. As a programmer I really like the clean code base behind the CMS.

I installed the gallery modul 0.2.3 and I thought there would be a nice looking popup when I click at some image at the galery page. But in my case only an empty page with the picture at the left top border appears. Not very appealing.

I have the same effect at the modul's demo page at

What am I missing? The link behind an image in the library is just a plain link to a jpeg-file. I would expect some kind of javascript command. The lightwindow.js was installed with gallery 0.2.3.

Thank you all for your help!

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

13 January 2009 at 4:16am

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 January 2009 at 3:20pm

Ok, I give it a try the next days.

Meanwhile, I could find the error why the popup did not show up. The gallery was installed into the folder "gallery-v0.2.3" but in the files was the path "gallery/...". So the script files were not found.

I changed all occurences from "gallery/..." to "gallery-v0.2.3/..." and at least the popup showed up.

Community Member, 7 Posts

15 January 2009 at 10:57am

a lot easier to just change the folder name tho. Worked for me anyway.