Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Seo Extension

4 Posts   464 Views

Nelia

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 April 2014 at 1:46am

I have installed the seo module from HubertusAnton and it's working fine on pages with pagetype Page. It creates a new tab in the CMS where you can optimize the page for searchengines. Now I have created a new pagetype PortfolioPage (extends Page). I expected that the SEO module would show up in the CMS for the new pagetype as well since it extends Page. But I can't seem to get the SEO module to work on pages with pagetype 'PortfolioPage'. In the docs I read that I should put the new class in the yml-config file but I am probably doing something wrong, since this is also not solving the problem. Can someone please give me a clue?

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 188 Posts

8 April 2014 at 2:44pm

Can you post more information about your yaml config? One thing to double check is that you are indenting your yml files using 2 spaces and not tabs.

Nelia

8 April 2014 at 6:58pm

Edited: 08/04/2014 7:02pm

Ofcourse, here it is. The spaces are there though. No tabs :)

---
Name: 'seoextensions'
---
Page:
extensions:
0: 'SeoObjectExtension'
SeoConfig:
Page: true
ErrorPage: false
RedirectorPage: false
VirtualPage: false
PortfolioPage:
extensions:
0: 'SeoObjectExtension'

edit: the spaces get lost when the post is viewed, so I attached a txt-file with the yml content

Attached Files
Nelia

11 April 2014 at 1:16am

Finally found the problem: all the while I was adding my own Class to the config.yml but in the wrong way. Attached the correct yml-file, where you see my own class PortfolioPage added under SeoConfig (duhhh, why did it take me so long to get this ?? )

Attached Files