Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69236 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

2 April 2009 at 9:35am

Translation tags are in.

dreamstudio

Community Member, 48 Posts

2 April 2009 at 11:58am

Regarding the see also feature and the config of this via number of future dates to show.... no matter what number we put in it always shows 3 future dates... ideally we want to just show 1 extra date but changing it to one doesnt do anything

also when you show the date for an event it will show the date as Apr 1, 2009... is there a way to get the actual day showing as well ie Wed, Apr 1, 2009

and when we go direct to the calender rather than a specific timeline or event it doesnt seem to put the events in date order it shows ones in july before april... the july ones are single events for a full day, would this affect the sort order

finally.... how can we do a link that shows the calendar for the current month... ie currently we link into the calendar by going to calendar/ after our url.... and if we want to show a specific month we coudl do calendar/200904 however we just want a way to show current month that would automatically update each month rather than us change the link each month

dreamstudio

2 April 2009 at 12:18pm

going back to the CSS styling... if you look at http://www.dgsmyourchoice.org.uk/calendar/ This is how the site should look and the H1 and H2 and links are all set fonts and colours...

We installed the event module and if you goto the page at http://www.dgsmyourchoice.org.uk/calendar/ you can see the headers dont have the same colour... links are no longer styled and basically it seems to have dropped the CSS settings I have in place for the site

I tried looking via fiebug but it seems that they are using H1 etc but are changing styles for some reason

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

2 April 2009 at 7:00pm

Hi dreamstudio

Regarding the styling: You should add the "typography" class to the calendar content. Most of the typography styles are defined to match the .typography selector.
Eg. from <div id="calendar-main"> to <div id="calendar-main" class="typography">

Or if you don't want to mess with the calendar templates, just add the typography class to one of the parent elements like "primaryContent" or "innerpad".

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

3 April 2009 at 4:10am

@ dreamstudio --

Regarding the see also feature and the config of this via number of future dates to show.... no matter what number we put in it always shows 3 future dates... ideally we want to just show 1 extra date but changing it to one doesnt do anything

==> I've fixed this bug. Please test on the latest revision.

also when you show the date for an event it will show the date as Apr 1, 2009... is there a way to get the actual day showing as well ie Wed, Apr 1, 2009

==> Here's an example of how you can tap into the date formatting in your _config.php:

CalendarDateTime::set_date_format('dmy');
CalendarDateTime::set_format_character('month', '%B');
CalendarDateTime::set_format_character('year', '%y');
CalendarDateTime::set_header_format_character('month', '%b');
CalendarDateTime::set_header_format_character('year', '%Y');
CalendarDateTime::set_format_character('dayofweek', '%a');
CalendarDateTime::set_header_format_character('dayofweek', '%A');

Where the "header" format characters are at the top of the calendar page, describing the range of dates that are displaying, and standard format characters are for each event. All format characters are per the strftime() PHP function.

and when we go direct to the calender rather than a specific timeline or event it doesnt seem to put the events in date order it shows ones in july before april... the july ones are single events for a full day, would this affect the sort order

==> Can you give me a specific example of how to replicate this problem? Give me two or three events with their exact parameters, so I can put them into my calendar and test it.

finally.... how can we do a link that shows the calendar for the current month... ie currently we link into the calendar by going to calendar/ after our url.... and if we want to show a specific month we coudl do calendar/200904 however we just want a way to show current month that would automatically update each month rather than us change the link each month

==> It's easy enough to generate a string of the current month with PHP. "return date("Ym");" should suffice. Keep in mind, though, that the reason we chose not to use a month view of the calendar by default is because the last few days of the month can be pretty useless unless your calendar is jam packed with events. The default view of "next XXX events" seems a lot more useful. But that's why the Calendar has a a generous API -- you can throw it any date range you want in the url. Be as specific or vague as you like.

/200908/20091011 -> shows August 1, 2008 to Oct 11, 2009
/20091002/2010 -> shows October 2, 2009 to the first day of 2010.

dreamstudio

3 April 2009 at 8:58pm

If i view the calendar ie goto the url i setup for it /calendar/ it shows the events BUT the problem is there seems to be no sorting... it will show the full day events first, then all the next event and then the next event and the dates seem to jump around... ie 8th, 1th, then jumps to the other event 7th 14th, then the next event 4th, 6th, 11th

Is there a way to set it to display all events in chronological order, this also happens if i set it to show date ranges ie calendar/2009-04-03/2009-04-20

still shows ALL the events for each item as above ie 3 days of one event across the month, then to the next ....

dreamstudio

3 April 2009 at 9:02pm

another possible bug

I goto an event by clicking from the first calendar page ie /charity-golf/2009-05-01

I then click on the right side with the monthnavigator drop down and goto september, it then does this to the url and puts charity-golf/2009-05-01calendar/2009-09 and the page doesnt change but the url seems to have added on calendar/2009-09 when it should do just calendar/2009-09

is there a way to set it to almost do a ../ command

dreamstudio

3 April 2009 at 9:08pm

Edited: 03/04/2009 9:11pm

just found a weird one... if you have an event that is weekly it shows up the additional dates as very far in the future ie the next 3 dates are wed, 7 january 70 etc

So not only did it not show the next correct date but the year 2070

Go to Top