Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69239 Views

Victor

Community Member, 128 Posts

9 April 2009 at 12:51pm

Yes, I followed

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=recipes:extending_the_event_calendar

but it is the remnant of the days when there was no popup but each field at table was filled separately.

Now problem solved

Thanks a lot. Victor

PS. At this moment I recall issues:
1) Ghost Next Meetings (if I create Repeating Event(1 week) with the last day April 28 then there is no event on May 5,12,19 but they are listed as Future Events ("see other dates") on April 28 and May 5,12 are also listed on April 21, May 5 is listed on April 21)

2) Import of ICS (I noticed you are working)

3) Export of repeating event - I understand the difficulty now;

4) Again repeating event - it would be nice after creating it to have a procedure to breaking it into single events - or to create many single events in one shot: say we are planning seminar each Friday, 14:10 to 15:00, from September X to December Y, each meeting has TBA speaker, .... , Content; those will be clarified in the future and filled differently for each meeting. It cannot be done probably as repeating event because $Content of each meeting is different and it is really $Content, it requires TinyMCE to edit

5) Alignment in blackcandy

George

Community Member, 41 Posts

9 April 2009 at 8:08pm

The content in announcemnt does not show anymore the linefeeds entered in content.
Something changed?

Xeal

Community Member, 37 Posts

10 April 2009 at 1:26am

Edited: 10/04/2009 1:26am

I searched the entire directory and couldn't find calendar_toggle.js is the file supposed to be included or do we get it off of somewhere?

Also still having trouble with the Extendend Calendar the announcements tab doesn't add anything to my database. I click add Calendar Date Time. Fill in all the fields, then click save. It then says success! (close popup), but the fields are still blank.. Any ideas?

public function init() {
parent::init();
Requirements::javascript('mysite/javascript/calendar_toggle.js');
}

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

10 April 2009 at 1:31am

Make sure you're on the latest version. All of those look like relics from old versions.

Victor

10 April 2009 at 1:33am

Xeal, You can steal calendar_toggle.js from

http://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com/advanced-calendar/

Xeal

Community Member, 37 Posts

10 April 2009 at 1:51am

Edited: 10/04/2009 1:51am

Thanks Victor!

I checked out from the SVN so I should have the latest version (Revision 24), but the problem persists. I'm using FF 3 but I doubt the browser has anything to do with it since the non Extended Calendar adds announcements properly. I agree that it's weird that it wouldn't be working either, which is why I'm at a loss.

I'll go through my code line by line see if I might've missed something that wouldn't throw an exception but might cause a bug

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

10 April 2009 at 1:54am

The calendar_toggle.js is legacy from when the Calendar supported control over event display behavior. It doesn't do that anymore. Where are you finding a reference to this file?

Can you explain what you are doing that is causing the announcements to break?

Victor

10 April 2009 at 1:56am

class WorkshopHolder_Controller extends Calendar_Controller
{
	public function init()
	{
		parent::init();
		Requirements::javascript('mysite/javascript/calendar_toggle.js');
	}
}

Go to Top