Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69225 Views

George

Community Member, 41 Posts

11 April 2009 at 10:59am

When I create a calender event, and want to show the event page I get a XML Parsing Error: not well-form

<h3 class="summary"><a href="/new-calendarevent/2009-04-30?CalendarStart=2009-04-10&CalendarEnd=2009-10-10">New CalendarEvent</a></h3>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^

Announcemenets are working well.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

11 April 2009 at 7:44pm

That looks like the & wasn't correctly escaped. When you look at the source code... what do you see & or &amp; ?

George

Community Member, 41 Posts

11 April 2009 at 8:40pm

its & in the page source.

The event is shown correctly in the event list, but when I have a date/month filter then I get this error.

bummzack

11 April 2009 at 9:26pm

Edited: 11/04/2009 9:27pm

Yes, that's because of the URL that's being generated. It contains an & which should be escaped as &. You should be able to fix it by changing Calendar.php. Go to the buildFilterString function and change "&$key=$value"; to "&amp;$key=$value";

@UncleCheese: It's probably a good idea to change this in your repository too. Generally you should always use &amp; instead of & (when generating html or xml source)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

12 April 2009 at 2:41am

I thought of that, but won't it pass &amp; into the URL instead of &? I suppose putting a urlencode() on it would also be useful.

Or you could just lose the stupid xml doctype. Those things are nothing but trouble. :)

bummzack

13 April 2009 at 7:33am

Hello UncleCheese
No, the &amp; wont be passed to the URL. &amp; is perfectly valid (X)HTML and will always be rendered as &,even for URLs (eg. when you open the URL). You should use &amp; in URLs. Just try it.

dreamstudio

Community Member, 48 Posts

14 April 2009 at 7:13pm

You put the $MonthNavigator feature back in, the only question I have about it is, is there a way to put the year after the month, as people will see april in the middle and then click say January above it.. then it gets confusing which year your in .... is there a simple way to tag on a 2 digit year afterwards?

dreamstudio

Community Member, 48 Posts

14 April 2009 at 7:24pm

I upgraded the module to the latest revision and see it has the dataobject manager method for adding dates etc, the only problem is if you try to add a repeating event it will just come up saying "To repeat an event, you must specify a date first." even though I have added in a date. or even on old events I had it wont let me edit the repeat event. The repeat event icon has no tick yet it shows the repeating date

Go to Top