Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69222 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

15 April 2009 at 1:55am

You need to upgrade dataobject_manager to get rid of that bug.

Year in the month navigator sounds good. I'll throw that in.

dreamstudio

Community Member, 48 Posts

15 April 2009 at 4:13am

upgraded dataobject_manager and that solved it, however something else has popped up. Create a new calendar event, goto dates and times and put in a start date, it then puts in the current date as the end date even if your putting an event for next week so you manually have to choose a date. before it would leave end date blank which worked well.

Also if you put "Repeat event" it stops showing the event on the calendar, it would only show it if its for a single date, doesnt matter if it repeats weekly, monthly or daily, as soon as repeat is on, it stops working on the calendar

UncleCheese

15 April 2009 at 6:37am

New stuff:

- I've added the year to the MonthNavigator field

- Enhanced MDY compliance for DatePickerField. In _config.php you can now set DatePickerField::set_date_format("mdy"); (or "dmy", which is the default).

- Datepicker now has no default date. Thank you to dreamstudio for catching this.

Dreamstudio, I'm unable to replicate your error with the repeating events. If you can, please show on the demo site. eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com

dreamstudio

Community Member, 48 Posts

15 April 2009 at 8:46am

unclecheese, I tried logging into the eventcalendar admin area for the calendar and it comes up with [User Error] Bad class to singleton() - ResourcePage

UncleCheese

15 April 2009 at 8:56am

I posted a notice in the DataObjectManager thread that I was getting rid of the example code in DataObjectManager. If you were using it you need to migrate it out of the module folder and into mysite.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

15 April 2009 at 6:48pm

Edited: 15/04/2009 6:54pm

Hi UncleCheese

As promised in the other thread, here's the German Language file for the Event Calendar Module. There are some translations missing though. Mainly the tab-labels (eg. "Dates and Times", "Announcements" etc) as well as some things like "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly".
The field labels in the popup aren't being translated either.

It's possibly best for you to change the backend user-language to german and look up everything that still sounds familiar (eg. english). That's where some translations need to be inserted.

Update
In order for the German dates to work as expected, the user has to add something like this to his _config.php

setlocale(LC_TIME, 'de_DE', 'de_DE.UTF8', 'German', 'de-DE');

Attached Files
UncleCheese

16 April 2009 at 2:40am

Hi, Banal,

Thanks for that. I'll add in the other tags before I put the whole file in. Stay tuned.

While I have you here, I have a user of the ImageGallery module that is having a hard time getting the German translation to work. I don't know if you're familiar with that module, but if you don't mind, could you check it out from SVN and see what might be going on?

Xeal

Community Member, 37 Posts

17 April 2009 at 1:44am

Hey! Is it possible to add yearly as an option for a repeating data? I know it's not implemented at the moment, but was wondering if this was an option that could be implemented. I'm still lost in most of the php code. Trying to get my head around it all.

Go to Top