Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   69207 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

17 April 2009 at 1:54am

Hah... I had thought of it, but I remember thinking, who would ever want that? Touche! :)

It wouldn't be too hard. For right now, though, I'd just make a few duplicate entries to get you through the next couple years until I can get in there and do it. Part of what makes it time consuming is updating the javascript of the CMS interface to have new UI elements. But I'll get it in there at some point.

I'm also considering requiring dataobject manager for the EventCalendar now. What does everyone think?

Xeal

Community Member, 37 Posts

17 April 2009 at 2:32am

Hehe.. The reason I suggested it was because I'm actually doing a site for a school and they'd want a few events to be repeated yearly so they wouldn't have to make and event every year for let's so Christmas break or something like that. Alright sounds good I'll just do that for now it's not a problem.

I haven't used dataobject manager, but is there a way to have it downloading with the EventCalendar?

UncleCheese

17 April 2009 at 2:37am

Well, in the spirit of the term "module" I try to keep everything, well.. modular. But so much of my stuff is becoming integrated and dependent on each other. The ImageGallery module for instance, relies on DataObjectManager and SWFUpload. I like the idea of using DataObjectManager with EventCalendar because it gets rid of those messy table fields, and with all the javascripting going on, I think the DOM is better fit for that interface. Right now it's supported, but not forced.

You can check it out from:
http://carlinowebdesign.svn.beanstalkapp.com/modules/dataobject_manager

Should be some good docs in the wiki, too.

Xeal

Community Member, 37 Posts

17 April 2009 at 2:46am

Tells me the URL doesn't exist

UncleCheese

17 April 2009 at 2:50am

Victor

Community Member, 128 Posts

17 April 2009 at 2:59am

I'm also considering requiring dataobject manager for the EventCalendar now. What does everyone think?

Looks like fair game for me

Victor

Victor

17 April 2009 at 3:23am

Would be it possible to have Event_Calendar record not only date:time but also week:weekday (like 43-1) and/or to provide one button access to "All this week event", "All this month events"?

Thanks. Victor

Victor

17 April 2009 at 3:29am

UC: Right, because the start and end date parameters come in from the URL and that is parsed in the controller. Once you get into <% control Children %> you are not in the page controller anymore.

I would like to reanimate the question: we have few types of events so we want not only to distinguish them by "category" but have even different parents of the type "WorkshopHolder": Colloquium, Analysis Seminar, ..... However we want to have "WorkhopAllHolder" which would be parent to "WorkshopHolder", used to display whatever children displays but ALSO have working CalendarWidget

Is it possible?

Thanks

Victor

Go to Top