Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Preview: Event Calendar Module

Go to End

293 Posts   44169 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

31 May 2011 at 3:43pm

Can you get your site in dev mode so we can see what the error is? A generic 500 isn't much to go on..

---------------
Silverstripe tips, tutorials, screencasts, and more. http://www.leftandmain.com

xmark

Community Member, 8 Posts

31 May 2011 at 3:51pm

Edited: 31/05/2011 3:55pm

Thanks Uncle Cheese - now in dev mode..
no error message being shown, but as soon as I add ?flush=1 to the url, the same link works perfectly..

darien

Community Member, 3 Posts

31 May 2011 at 3:58pm

Back when I was having this problem, I think I corrected it by doing this:

1. Get SS Core 2.4.5 from website
2. Get the latest (possibly unstable) Event Management Module from GitHub (ajshort-silverstripe-eventmanagement-b4a9964)

In short, trying to pull the latest SS Core + Module from the website will fail.

xmark

Community Member, 8 Posts

31 May 2011 at 4:11pm

I am nervous of using unstable code on a live site, currently using ver 927b40b.
The weird thing is that the url works if you add flush=1, or remove the date portion of the url...

hippo1

Community Member, 5 Posts

22 June 2011 at 6:34pm

UncleCheese - Is this module only compatible with MySQL as a backend? I'm using SilverStripe 2.4.4 on Windows with MSSQL2008 and are able to install/build the module fine along with creating calendar/calendar events however in trying to preview the calendar I receive the following error:

"[User Error] Couldn't run query (42000, 102, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near '`'.

"

Within Calendar.php I'm seeing various instances of code that, if run inside of a SQL query tool, also throws an error associated with the '`' character (backsticks).
e.g.
"
return DataObject::get(
         $this->getEventDateTimeClass(),
         $where,
         "StartDate ASC, StartTime ASC, `CalendarDateTime`.EventID ASC",
         $this->getEventJoin()
"

This is the same issue as reported here:
http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/16979

I have tried replacing all instances of ` with ' but still receive other errors so I may have to be more selective.
Can you confirm this is an issue with a SQL2008 backend?

TIA

Go to Top