Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Preview: Event Calendar Module


Reply


293 Posts   42208 Views

Avatar
UncleCheese

4085 Posts

4 March 2009 at 4:36am

This is so puzzling to me. I have no idea why it's trying to update your _versions table with a ClassName field. Is anyone else experiencing this error?

tzeller, can you do me a huge favor and try to set up a fresh install of SS with the event_calendar and nothing else, and tell me if you're able to get it working? I have a strong feeling the module is not compatible with something you're running. If it works, slowly add in more of your other code until you get the error again and hopefully we can pin it down.

Thanks for your testing. These are the things I really want to get ironed out. I wish I could duplicate the error, but I'm not able to get it.

Avatar
tzeller

Community Member, 26 Posts

4 March 2009 at 4:47am

i have just checked it with a new installation and it seems to be fine. i will try to reproduce the error - i guess it is caused by the combination with another module.

Avatar
UncleCheese

4085 Posts

4 March 2009 at 4:50am

Okay, now start adding in your other modules one by one, and please let me know if you can nail down the source of the error!

Avatar
tzeller

Community Member, 26 Posts

4 March 2009 at 5:43am

allright i think i was able to reproduce the error.

once you have installed the module "calendar" (not event calendar just the calendar "Calendar [v0.0.1]") the table "CalendarEvent" has additional entries. so even you delete the calendar (module) and rebuild the databas (db/build) and than install the the event calendar you get a database error when you are trying to save the CalendarEvent.

i have tried the event calendar with all modules / extensions and it seems to work fine now.

thanks and i guess i should have known it better

Avatar
UncleCheese

4085 Posts

4 March 2009 at 5:52am

Nice work! I'll make sure to let new users know that it conflicts with sites that have previously used the Calendar module.

Avatar
banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

21 March 2009 at 5:31am

Hi Uncle Cheese

First, let me thank you for releasing such a nice module for SilverStripe. I just installed it and now I'm trying to integrate it into my site. I already have a couple of questions/remarks:

  • Is the "European date format compliance" (as written in the ToDo @ documentation) already implemented?
  • I get a malformed XML Error (in Firefox) when I add entities like "&" in my events content. Using $Content.LimitWordCountXML(60) fixes that problem. See the attached patch.
  • Is there a way to remove the CSS and Script files used by the module? I already tried to extend the Calendar Class with a custom Class and did a Requirements::clear(); in the init method of the controller, but to no avail. The jquery and css files always show up in my pages.

Keep up the good work!
Best - Roman

Attached Files
Avatar
UncleCheese

4085 Posts

24 March 2009 at 3:37am

Hi, Roman,

Thanks for this. As far as I know, the only reason jQuery is required is for the CalendarWidget. I'm going to do a thorough evaluation before I pull it out entirely, though.

I'll definitely make the update to use proper XML escaping. Thanks for the catch.

European date compliance is on its way. Only a few minor changes.

Avatar
banal

Community Member, 901 Posts

24 March 2009 at 3:52am

Edited: 24/03/2009 3:53am

Hi UncleCheese

Good to hear about the european date compliance. Count me in as a tester once its done ;)
Regarding jQuery: Actually, I don't want to get rid of it, but I'd prefer to disable all requirements of the module because:
a) I'm writing my own stylesheets and won't need the ones that come with the module
b) I'm already including jQuery and some other scripts in my templates, therefore a second inclusion (forced by the module) will cause javascript errors.

As posted previously, I tried to remove the requirements using Requirements::clear() in my Calendar Subclass. This didn't prevent the inclusion tags to show up in my generated HTML pages though. That's why I'm asking if there's a way to remove these module inclusions, because clearing the requirements doesn't seem to help.

Best - Roman