Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Polls module and SS 2.3

Go to End

14 Posts   4014 Views

HansR

Community Member, 140 Posts

27 April 2009 at 5:18pm

I just tried to install the polls module to SS 2.3.1, and I don't see any mention of polls anywhere. Has anyone managed to get polls working with SS 2.3+ yet?

Hans

HansR

28 April 2009 at 2:23pm

@Mad_Clog

Is your polls module/widget in a usable state? I was hoping to add a poll to a single page, but it appears that no-one knows how to get the existing Polls module working with Silverstripe 2.3.1.

HansR

28 April 2009 at 2:37pm

I just had a look at the latest trunk build of the Polls module, and it works with Silverstripe 2.3+. So, anyone who wishes to use the Polls module should download the latest trunk build, not the latest release.

Hans

ulysses

Community Member, 57 Posts

11 May 2009 at 8:49pm

Hi Tiga,

I had the same problem but now I have got it sorted. If you still have the problem, here is the fix to it.

I am using SS 2.3.1 core stable release: http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/downloads/SilverStripe-v2.3.1.tar.gz

Delete your "polls" folder from your server.

Run /dev/build

Download this trunk daily build of the polls module:
http://open.silverstripe.com/changeset/latest/modules/polls/trunk?old_path=/&filename=/modules/polls/trunk&format=zip

Replace your "polls" folder with the trunk version as above. Please note that this zip file has the necessary files in a "trunk" folder. Make sure that in addition to the the "polls" folder being in the root of SS, you should move all the files and sub-folders from the "trunk" folder to the root of the "polls" folder. Upload them to the server.

Run /dev/build

Now you will be able to see the Polls tab in the CMS.

I am able to create a Poll but am now trying to work out how to display the poll on a page. The stable release 0.1 does not have a README in it with instructions. The trunk build above has a README but no instructions!! I have advised one of the SS developer who has added that to the list of things to do.

Good Luck

Thomas

Community Member, 1 Post

19 May 2009 at 3:07pm

Hi Ulysses,

here's more info on how to make the poll display in the front end:
http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=modules:polls#showing_the_poll_on_the_frontend#installation

I just followed the instructions and it worked fine. Make sure though that you have the 'genericdataadmin' installed, and that your poll is called the same thing as the function in:
function MyPoll() {
return new ShowPoll($this, 'MyPoll');
}
This is all explained in the documentation.

Thomas

ulysses

Community Member, 57 Posts

19 May 2009 at 3:13pm

Hmm. I too followed al the instructions including the genericdataadmin folder, etc. and it did not work. After consulting with the developer who works on it at SS, I got the version that does work. Maybe they have updated the version available for the download and all is OK. That is great.

I would be interested to find out how not to display it on the forum module.

Does anyone know how NOT to display it on the Forum pages?

Go to Top