Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

AJAX chat (instant messaging) module/widget

Go to End

12 Posts   5457 Views

rino

Community Member, 12 Posts

26 January 2010 at 9:56pm

hello baba-papa :)

unfortunately, i haven't been able to test my module thoroughly on the latest version 2.3.x...

for the problem with the missing function "currentlyOnline" i have a solution, just add this to your Page class:

/**
    * Get a list of currently online users (last 15 minutes)
    * @return Member Array
    */
   public function currentlyOnline() {
      $currentlyonline = DataObject::get("Member", "LastVisited > (NOW() - INTERVAL 15 MINUTE)", "FirstName, Surname",
         "INNER JOIN Group_Members ON Group_Members.GroupID IN (1,2,3) AND Group_Members.MemberID = Member.ID");
      return $currentlyonline;
   }

}

this code i have copied from the forum module, if i'm not wrong... but you're right, i need to integrate that into the chat module instead asap.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

27 January 2010 at 5:26am

I added that method into the Page class. Isn´t that method supposed to be in the Controller? Why didn´t you call the method at it´s original lacation?
Meanwhile the chat module still doesnt work. I get an XML error when I try to call the chat page. Maybe me theme "holeinone" doesn´t work with the module.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

27 January 2010 at 5:42am

The template error was due to an error in the nested conditionals in the layout/ChatPage.ss tempate. I changed it and appended it to this post.

rino

Community Member, 12 Posts

3 February 2010 at 12:00am

thanx for the fix!

Is the chat module now working for you?

Go to Top