Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Installing the postgresql module


Go to End
Reply


2 Posts   2348 Views

Avatar
argh

Community Member, 4 Posts

5 February 2009 at 2:48pm

Hi,

I have tried to apply what was suggested by StarCrescent and Geoff in http://www.silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/252952 but I didn't manage to make it work.

Since I didn't understand what Geoff meant by "Run /dev/build on your project and all the tables should be created", I think I have missed something.

Here follows the procedure I have applied (in vain):

1. I have created SilverStripe-dedicated postgresql database and user.

2. I have downloaded the PostGresql module postgresql-trunk-r69947 at http://www.silverstripe.org/postgresql-module/ and extracted the files into the silverstripe/postgresql-trunk-r69947 directory (ie along side cms, sapphire,...).

3. I have downloaded install_pg.php and config-form-pg.html from http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3362 and installed them into the silverstripe directory.

4. I have modified silverstripe/check-php.php, replacing header("Location: install.php"); with header("Location: install_pg.php");

5. I have modifed silverstripe/postgresql-trunk-r69947/code/PostgreSQLDatabase.php, replacing the "pgsql_error" occurence (line 124) with "user_error".

6. Using a browser I have connected to my silverstripe site and proceed with the Silverstripe/PostGresql installation.

The installation has failed with an error on the following query (URLSegment doesn't exist - but I don't have investigated this one for the moment):
SELECT "SiteTree".*, "GhostPage".*, "ErrorPage".*, "RedirectorPage".*, "VirtualPage".*, "SiteTree"."ID", CASE WHEN "SiteTree"."ClassName" IS NOT NULL THEN "SiteTree"."ClassName" ELSE 'SiteTree' END AS "RecordClassName" FROM "SiteTree" LEFT JOIN "GhostPage" ON "GhostPage"."ID" = "SiteTree"."ID" LEFT JOIN "ErrorPage" ON "ErrorPage"."ID" = "SiteTree"."ID" LEFT JOIN "RedirectorPage" ON "RedirectorPage"."ID" = "SiteTree"."ID" LEFT JOIN "VirtualPage" ON "VirtualPage"."ID" = "SiteTree"."ID" WHERE (URLSegment = 'home') ORDER BY "Sort" LIMIT 1

After refreshing, the installation has failed with an error on the following query (in fact this query is using a Mysql syntax not a Postgresql one):

ALTER TABLE "PageComment" CHANGE "ClassName" "ClassName" varchar(255) not null default 'PageComment' check ("ClassName" in ('PageComment')), CHANGE "Created" "Created" timestamp, CHANGE "LastEdited" "LastEdited" timestamp, CHANGE "Name" "Name" varchar(200), CHANGE "Comment" "Comment" text, CHANGE "IsSpam" "IsSpam" boolean not null default false, CHANGE "NeedsModeration" "NeedsModeration" boolean not null default false, CHANGE "CommenterURL" "CommenterURL" varchar(255), CHANGE "ParentID" "ParentID" numeric(8) not null default 0, CHANGE "AuthorID" "AuthorID" numeric(8) not null default 0

There is something wrong with the "alterTable" function from silverstripe/postgresql-trunk-r69947/code/PostgreSQLDatabase.php ;
the alteredFields values are not compatible with postgresql.
// snippet
if($alteredFields) foreach($alteredFields as $k => $v) $alterList[] .= "CHANGE \"$k\" \"$k\" $v";

Any idea ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Avatar
argh

Community Member, 4 Posts

10 February 2009 at 1:29pm

Edited: 10/02/2009 1:42pm

Hi,

Thank you Geoff for your answer. It is working, but I am still stuck because I need an admin account to be created (I have to dig this part).

1. You are right concerning the URLSegment problem:

Have a look to the "sapphire/core/model/Translatable.php" file (functions onBeforeWrite and alternateGetByUrl).

In the function onBeforeWrite, I have replaced the line (maybe, it is not the best place to do so):

$existingOriginalPage = Translatable::get_one_by_lang('SiteTree', Translatable::default_lang(), "URLSegment = '{$SQL_URLSegment}'");

By

$existingOriginalPage = Translatable::get_one_by_lang('SiteTree', Translatable::default_lang(), "\"URLSegment\" = '{$SQL_URLSegment}'");

In the function alternateGetByUrl, I have replaced (maybe, it is not the best place to do so):

$record = DataObject::get_one('SiteTree', "URLSegment = '{$SQL_URLSegment}'");

By

$record = DataObject::get_one('SiteTree', "\"URLSegment\" = '{$SQL_URLSegment}'");

I guess that this problem may occur each time the get_one_by_lang and the get_one functions are called.

2. After having made the corrections, I have re-run the installation and get about the same error:
SELECT ID FROM SiteTree WHERE (OriginalID = 1)

In the "sapphire/core/model/Translatable.php" have a look to the function findOriginalIDs:

I have modified this function as follows:
function findOriginalIDs() {
if(!$this->isTranslation()) {
$query = new SQLQuery("\"ID\"",
"\"". ClassInfo::baseDataClass($this->owner->class) . "\"",
array("\"OriginalID\" = ".$this->owner->ID)
);
$ret = $query->execute()->column();

} else {
return array();
}
}

I guess that this problem may also occur each time the SQLQuery is called.

3. After having modified the function findOriginalIDs, it seems that the column "OriginalID" is missing the table "SiteTree".

4. Concerning the "alter table" problem, let me know if I can help.

Argh