24 March 2009 at 5:29am
(Last edited: 24 March 2009 10:28am),
I just found this and threw it on a test install. One feature enhancement might be to sanitize the twitter status. I.e. One of my twitter statuses includes an ampersand (&), which causes the Silverstripe TwitterPage to give an XMLParsingError page (the yellow error page).
At least I think that is why it gives me the XML error, it points to the space after the ampersand as where the error occurs.
EDIT: Another request. I'd like to be able to set up an RSS feed from the twitterpage. I'm looking into doing this, but am going very slowly. I'm hoping you might either be able to implement it very quickly, or give me some good clues how to get started. :)
24 November 2009 at 1:37am
(Last edited: 24 November 2009 1:48am),
I have ironed out the bug causing the ampersand problem in the feeds by passing them through a static method the SilverStripe Convert class.
Since there were other illegal characters getting into the feeds I am beginning to wonder if there are problems with the xml coming from twitter but haven't had time to look at this yet. This could easily result in the Avatars only to display as posted above.
I am happy to share the code that I have running but I have only a little experience in object oriented programming so am not sure if it's in line with SilverStripe coding conventions. I have tried contacting the author via email about this but had no reply yet.