Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Twitter module - now available to download

Go to End

27 Posts   8719 Views

michaelhmm

Community Member, 23 Posts

27 November 2009 at 12:41am

Edited: 27/11/2009 12:56am

Decided to post the running code I have - you can see it in action here:

http://www.makingwaves.org/farthingpenny/

The SilverStripe static method raw2xml:

Convert::raw2xml($string);

is what does the trick on the parts of the feed that have been UTF-8 decoded in the original TwitterAPI class.

Since SilverStripe uses UTF-8 encoding I am not sure why the class uses the php UTF-8 decoding function?

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

27 November 2009 at 4:07am

hi all, Sorry for this delay to answer, I didnt notice this thread, must be mistakenly ticked off the Subscribe check box, I will answer these soon.

michaelhmm Many thanks for contacting me on twitter. So I will review the code, i see it needs some refactoring as well.

Give me a day or two over the weekend i will have some time for this for sure.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

14 December 2009 at 9:44pm

check with this code, I did some new updates to the look and feel too.

Attached Files
michaelhmm

13 March 2010 at 12:05am

Edited: 13/03/2010 12:49am

Hi

Just noticed that the code in the twitterAPI is using:

Convert::xml2raw

which doesn't work (won't convert special characters like & to html entities so breaks rendering of a strict xml document ) it should be:

Convert::raw2xml

Michael

michaelhmm

13 March 2010 at 12:20am

Social Logic Error!

The page template twitterPage.ss will print the message that you have "0 Friends" if you specify that you want no freinds to show in the twitter form within the content management system.

The message is not necessarily true since you may have many friends but not wish to show them.

It is also just not nice to be told you have no friends, especially by a computer never mind by a human! :-)

michaelhmm

12 April 2010 at 9:17pm

Edited: 12/04/2010 9:19pm

Complexity: Convert:raw2xml is sometimes run twice on the same feed string when it's placed into the working SilverStripe framework as part of the twitter module. So for example the special character:

&
is double converted to:
&
It doesn't do this in isolation in tests so there is something in the flow of object processing which is causing this anomaly. Any ideas why this might be occuring?

jovoo

Community Member, 12 Posts

7 May 2010 at 10:40pm

Does anyone use this module in ss 2.4? Seems that I don't get any data from my twitter-account... e.g. "0 Followers" Not sure yet what's wrong.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

8 May 2010 at 1:44pm

BTW, Twitter is turning off basic auth in 7 weeks. I don't believe this module has made the switch, so either Nivanka or someone else needs to add OAuth for this to continue working.

See: http://countdowntooauth.com/