Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Gallery Issue

Go to End

5 Posts   2236 Views

abraxas

Community Member, 3 Posts

17 March 2009 at 9:08pm

Hi Guys,

Have installed Gallery v2.3, using ss 2.3

Gallery opens as usual, but for some reason, when I open a file in the gallery, it opens the image as if it is a web page. Lightwindow does not work

any help?

I have this gallery working on another site, and this works fine!

Could this have to do with me running it on localhost? using wampserver

gakenny

Community Member, 153 Posts

17 March 2009 at 11:46pm

Hi,

I have a post related to a similar issue here:
http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/255212

However, I have since learned that the fix only works on FireFox. I have been able to get this to run with an additional fix in other browsers but it then fails in FireFox. I haven't proceeded any further at this point and I am not sure of any development plans for this module moving forward.

Cheers,

Gary

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

18 March 2009 at 4:15am

tazzydemon

Community Member, 135 Posts

20 January 2010 at 8:30am

Sorry about double posting this thread but there was not real place for it..

Like many I can't get the gallery javascript to work. In my case its' because its not there. The Requirements in GalleryPage.php are causing the output of the css but no javascript at all.

As a test I have also looked at a forum page. Again no javascript. Something is blocking it.

Curiously I installed the googlemaps module a while back and having found it lacking for now (it does not accept or display addresses intil I fix it) I removed it. To my surprise its javascript resolutely remains. AT the bottom of the page for all pages even after doing a rebuild and flush.

Any ideas?

Julian

erad67

Community Member, 6 Posts

15 February 2010 at 2:27pm

I had the same problem with the pictures opening as a webpage. My issue was because I made the dumb mistake of forgetting to rename the gallery module name to just "gallery". If nothing had worked I would have thought of it sooner, but the module mostly works without renaming the folder after installation.