Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

FlickrGallery LightWindow replacement using jquery

4 Posts   3254 Views

Bruce B

Community Member, 147 Posts

18 March 2009 at 5:15pm

I would like to get FlickrService running correctly under 2.3. So far I have everything running except the popups. The current setup using LightWindow has so many dependencies I have no chance of sorting out the problems so I am starting from scratch using jquery (which I want to learn)

I have a Popup that I think can be extended to work but it fails within Silverstripe because of a conflict between jquery.js and prototype.js.

Is there a simple way to stop prototype.js from being included in the page?

Matt Hardwick

Community Member, 61 Posts

19 March 2009 at 12:05am

Did you get it running with a username? Or just searching for a keyword... I still can't get it feeding a flickr user photostream.

Bruce B

19 March 2009 at 12:03pm

I now have FlickrService running with almost full functionality under 2.3.1. I can display by username, tags or photoset and Lightwindow works correctly.

Now all I have to do is document everything. I hope to have all the steps written up later today.

Bruce B

19 March 2009 at 2:44pm

Matt,
I've posted my FlickrService 'recipe' in a new topic:
[url=http://silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/256590#post256590]a recipe for FlickrService on 2.3.1[/url]
Your problem with usernames may be something different. I had that happen initially then it started working for me. I'm left to wonder if there was a problem with the API key where it took a day or so before it provided full functionality.

The username, by the way, is the screen name. Our Flickr account has a screen name, a (mostly) numeric ID and another short name that appears in the URL. Its the screen name, which also shows as 'Signed in as...', that you want.