Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

MultiForm & Mollom?

Go to End

4 Posts   1843 Views

chris_nz

Community Member, 3 Posts

15 April 2009 at 9:13pm

Has anyone got it working, I have got the Multiform module working with 2 steps, and i have the mollom module working (on another form) working correctly so i know both modules seem to be installed correctly.

I cant work out how to get the mollom/spam protection module to update the form. With the following code in my FirstMultiFormStep.php file (mysite/code) I can get it to block spam/ask the user to enter the captcha, but the captcha will never show.

$protector = SpamProtecterManager::update_form($form, 'Message');
if($protecter) $protecter->setFieldMapping('Title', 'Content', 'Name', 'Website', 'Email');

cheers
chris

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

16 April 2009 at 1:27am

Edited: 16/04/2009 1:34am

Have you set up the _config.php correctly?
If you miss the second line your form will always be provided with a captcha, for mollom doesn´t validate any field.

chris_nz

Community Member, 3 Posts

16 April 2009 at 12:10pm

I think i have the config correct, what exactly do you mean about the second line?

It works on individual forms, but on multiform if i dont enter any text it will say 'sorry rejected as spam', if i enter some text then it says to enter the captcha, but the captcha wont show - i think because the spamprotection module cannot update the $form.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

16 April 2009 at 5:57pm

The mollom-Module doesn´t show captchas from the start. It validates the input and then decides weather this is spam or not. In case it is spam suspicious the user gets a captcha. The second line of the code defines the fields that should be validated:
if($protecter) $protecter->setFieldMapping('Title', 'Content', 'Name', 'Website', 'Email');
I´m not a pro, but when I deleted that line I always had a captcha from the start.
Maybe this hint could be of any use for you, for your problem was that you never had any captcha.