Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Calendar module: no calendar displays

Go to End

19 Posts   2501 Views

ThrashCardiom

Community Member, 20 Posts

19 April 2009 at 4:17am

Edited: 19/04/2009 4:28am

I have installed the calendar module but cannot get it working correctly. I can create calendar pages and event pages but no calendar is ever displayed on the draft/published site. Everything else on the page is correct - just no calendar or events.

If I add $CalendarWidget to my Page.ss I do get the month calendar displayed so something is working.

Also, in the Configuration tab I don't have the "Event description behaviour" field or the "Word count for event description..." field as described on the installation page. All I have is:

* Number of Events to display on default view
* Default date header..
* Number of future dates..

SS version is 2.3.1
Calendar module is the r33 download. However I have also tried the direct download from the bluehousegroup.svn site

Any ideas?

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

20 April 2009 at 4:39am

The fields you're describing on the Configuration tab no longer exist. I need to update the documentation. I'm not really clear about what isn't working by your description, however. Do you not have a Calendar page in your SiteTree? Have you created events? Assigned them dates? A link would be really helpful.

ThrashCardiom

20 April 2009 at 7:07am

Yes, I have the Calendar page in the site tree. I have created events, assigned dates etc. The Calendar page is in the menu on the published site but when I click on the menu item, all I get is a page without any content. Obviously I have missed something in the set up of it but I have followed the documentation several times step by step to no avail.

I can't give you a link as it lives on an internal server.

UncleCheese

4085 Posts

20 April 2009 at 8:21am

What do you mean by "no content?" Does the page say "There are no events?" Does if have a page title? Provide a screenshot if you can.

ThrashCardiom

20 April 2009 at 8:35am

Screenshot of the Calendar page attached:

Attached Files
UncleCheese

4085 Posts

20 April 2009 at 11:18am

Weird. Can you do a ?showtemplate=1 and see if the Calendar.ss template is ever getting called?

ThrashCardiom

20 April 2009 at 2:34pm

Nothing. Not a sausge.

otherjohn

Community Member, 125 Posts

9 May 2010 at 2:57am

Exact same thing is happening to me.
I am on SS 2.4.0
With Events Calendar r106

Only mods on the site is that I am running the Sapphire and cms folder via a symlink.

Go to Top