Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Security users in more than one group?

2 Posts   1029 Views

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

27 April 2009 at 11:12pm

Hi guys,

I am doing a site at the moment with a somewhat complicated security requirement. The built in stuff almost covers what I need except that I require the ability of one member to be in multiple groups.

An example of what is required: Say the site has two sections, Section A and Section B, members of security group 1 can view Section A and members of security group 2 can view Section B. However Joe Bloggs wants to view Section A and B.

Surprisingly I tried adding an entry with exactly the same name and credentials to both groups 1 and 2 and this worked without a hitch, this login was able to access both sections A and B. Ideally though this could be better managed, perhaps one large group then a tick box in the popup of each user about which groups they had permission to belong to.

I'm not really to sure the best way to handle it so I am very open to ideas and help.

mobius

Community Member, 54 Posts

27 April 2009 at 11:24pm

When you type the first name an ajax list will populate with users - if you click on that it will fill out the rest of the fields.
You don't need to enter a password if the member already exists.

But I agree, there should be a 'Members' management section, which presents the reverse view..