Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Email confirmation of newsletter signup

Go to End

6 Posts   3691 Views

w1

Community Member, 21 Posts

1 May 2009 at 12:13pm

We are looking for a simple way of having newsletter signups being confirmed by clicking on a link in the acknowledgement email

Has anyone implemented this feature successfully please?

Some direction would be fantastic

thanks
Peter

tonisch

Community Member, 15 Posts

2 May 2009 at 12:34am

Hi!

This is exactly the feature I want to have. This method is called double opt-in and I am looking forward getting a sollution for this problem!

Thanx in advance!

tonisch

15 June 2009 at 8:12am

Hi!

I got kind of a solution for the email-confirmation...
I just built a form-page, all inserts will be safed in a simple table in the dabase. The subscriber gets a email with a random generated Code. With this code he can go to a second page and put in a second formula. Is his code right, I just make the same actions like the »normal« newsletter-module-subscription form.
For Unsubscribe the function of the newslettermodule can be taken.

I hope this can help you.

Nico

Community Member, 7 Posts

3 October 2009 at 3:27am

Hi Tonisch,

I'm also interested in your solution, could you post your code if you don't mind?

Thanks in advance!

tonisch

4 October 2009 at 1:43am

Hi!

Okay, first thing, i did was creaing a table "MySubscription" containing standard fields like ID, ClassName, Created and with the extra fields firstname, surname, mail and valcode.
Second, I created a new PageTyp containing a formular where the user can give his Newslettersubscription inserts. After sending the form I created a random ValCode and send it to the user via email. I safed this information in the db.
Third, I created a second PageTyp where the user could give his valcode (he could also click on the link in the mail and get to this page). After submitting this form I called the "usual" Newsletter Subscription function and added him to our mailing list. I used this just for one Newsletter Types - I could not get it working with different newsletter types.

This is, what if done. But, my client did not want the feature any more - perhaps I have to get it work again in a few months.
I hope this answer helps you! If you are interested in the code I wrote just give me a pm / mail...

dacar

Community Member, 173 Posts

19 November 2009 at 4:59am

Edited: 25/11/2009 11:51am

hi tonisch, it would be nice to get the code from you :

Thanks a lot for your help.