Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Email confirmation of newsletter signup

6 Posts   3040 Views

w1

Community Member, 21 Posts

1 May 2009 at 12:13pm

We are looking for a simple way of having newsletter signups being confirmed by clicking on a link in the acknowledgement email

Has anyone implemented this feature successfully please?

Some direction would be fantastic

thanks
Peter

tonisch

Community Member, 15 Posts

2 May 2009 at 12:34am

Hi!

This is exactly the feature I want to have. This method is called double opt-in and I am looking forward getting a sollution for this problem!

Thanx in advance!

tonisch

15 June 2009 at 8:12am

Hi!

I got kind of a solution for the email-confirmation...
I just built a form-page, all inserts will be safed in a simple table in the dabase. The subscriber gets a email with a random generated Code. With this code he can go to a second page and put in a second formula. Is his code right, I just make the same actions like the »normal« newsletter-module-subscription form.
For Unsubscribe the function of the newslettermodule can be taken.

I hope this can help you.

Nico

Community Member, 7 Posts

3 October 2009 at 3:27am

Hi Tonisch,

I'm also interested in your solution, could you post your code if you don't mind?

Thanks in advance!

tonisch

4 October 2009 at 1:43am

Hi!

Okay, first thing, i did was creaing a table "MySubscription" containing standard fields like ID, ClassName, Created and with the extra fields firstname, surname, mail and valcode.
Second, I created a new PageTyp containing a formular where the user can give his Newslettersubscription inserts. After sending the form I created a random ValCode and send it to the user via email. I safed this information in the db.
Third, I created a second PageTyp where the user could give his valcode (he could also click on the link in the mail and get to this page). After submitting this form I called the "usual" Newsletter Subscription function and added him to our mailing list. I used this just for one Newsletter Types - I could not get it working with different newsletter types.

This is, what if done. But, my client did not want the feature any more - perhaps I have to get it work again in a few months.
I hope this answer helps you! If you are interested in the code I wrote just give me a pm / mail...

dacar

Community Member, 168 Posts

19 November 2009 at 4:59am

Edited: 25/11/2009 11:51am

hi tonisch, it would be nice to get the code from you :

Thanks a lot for your help.