Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms 0.2

Go to End

185 Posts   48304 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

15 August 2009 at 1:15am

Hi everyone,

I have a weird issue with translating the Userforms backend (the cms) - so it has nothing to do with Translatable. I just can't get the templates/Incluses/AddField.ss template to translate. Everything else translates fine, the $lang['AddField.ss'][..] are all there, Still I get the english 'select a Field', 'Add' etc...

The funny thing is - when I copy the template to the FieldEditor.ss (from where it was included) and alter the lang to $lang['FieldEditor.ss'][..] it translates fine...

I'm clueless... Even tried renaming the AddField.ss, adding other translations to it... This particular piece of code just won't translate... ????

drye

Community Member, 49 Posts

15 August 2009 at 5:26pm

Wasn't sure the best place to suggest a few features. Hope this is an acceptable spot.

- Ability to right click and copy fields (similar to the site tree)
- The ability to set col on multi row text fields
- The ability to set size on single row text fields
- Validation Rules
- A Text Field Group would be handy
- The ability to add hint text or a secondary label (ex: (###) ###-####)
- The ability to specify that a field be inline with the previous field

theAlien

Community Member, 131 Posts

16 August 2009 at 2:37am

The best place to post feature requests is here: http://open.silverstripe.com/newticket.
Make a new ticket for every feature - the devs like that.
I like your suggestions about hinttext/secondary label and inline fields - so please at least post these...

drye

Community Member, 49 Posts

16 August 2009 at 4:21pm

Thanks theAlien! I haven't had time to create the tickets yet, but I have been working on a custom Field that adds:

- RightTitle Support
- Default Value Support
- Inlineing of fields

The problem is that this will be for a TextField, and I'll have to create one for each field type. Also important to note that inlineing is supported by CSS classes being added, it is up to your CSS to properly inline the fields.

If anyone is interested I will upload the code here after I have some more miles on it.

One other feature I thought of (but think it would be somewhat difficult) is to be able to modify the field type of an existing field.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 August 2009 at 11:32am

Edited: 17/08/2009 6:57pm

- Default Value Support
- Inlineing of fields

They should just be options on the default editable form field - well they would be good options to have. For inlining of fields a checkbox in the configuration options which adds a class to the form field would be enough.

Default value support that would be slightly tricky (as to work with dropdowns, check boxes etc), then getting it to work with checkboxs then you have to get dynamic updating etc as well working so when people add an option it updates the default option list. Its quite a bit of work but I think it would make it would be pretty cool to have.

draft

Community Member, 57 Posts

29 August 2009 at 6:08pm

hi,

sorry if i am asking a dumb question, but i have userforms working on my siste, but i'm wondering is there a better reporting report for userforms? Probably like HasOneComplexTableField model..

Thx before...

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 August 2009 at 6:44pm

No, Not Better Reporting is built in. We attempted to use complextablefields to display the submissions but we ran into too many issues getting that to work. A overhaul of the Submission report would defiantly on the cards though, if you have any suggestions feel free to post them.

draft

Community Member, 57 Posts

30 August 2009 at 3:20am

Thx for the answer willr, will post it if i have any more suggestions.. Anyone with better reporting on userforms implemented?

Go to Top