Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms 0.2

Go to End

185 Posts   48305 Views

RichardMortimer

Community Member, 15 Posts

10 September 2009 at 6:39pm

Hi,

Have installed userforms v2 on our SS2.3.3 site, and after a few teething problems have got the forms working in the admin section, however when going to the site, where the page should be, I get a blank page. I've read through this thread and can't see anything similar, so am hoping one of the gurus can shed some light on something I've probably done wrong?

Thanks

Richard

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 September 2009 at 8:31pm

where the page should be, I get a blank page

Anything in your php / apache error logs?

Newbie2009

Community Member, 11 Posts

11 September 2009 at 8:47pm

Hi there! I have a question to Userform. I'm a Newbie in CSS,PHP and Silverstripe. How can I create another look in the frontend for the Formmailer. I looked in every CSS file but I can't find to modified the code . For Example: I want larger textfields and so on please look at my grafik to see what I mean.

thx

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

11 September 2009 at 9:56pm

@Richard
I had this happening a few times with custom pagetypes - even after /dev/build/ and /?flush=1. Sometimes the solution is to manually empty the silverstripe-cache directory. Just maybe...

drye

Community Member, 49 Posts

12 September 2009 at 12:35am

@Richard

Just double check your folder name for User forms it should be "userforms"

I had similar issues because my name was slightly different.

Good luck

drye

Community Member, 49 Posts

12 September 2009 at 12:43am

@Newbie2009

In your /themes/[yourtheme]/css/form.css

This file may exist, if it doesn't you can create it and put all your form styling there.

Good luck!

RichardMortimer

Community Member, 15 Posts

16 September 2009 at 7:03pm

Thanks for your suggestions, and I figured it out, although it wasn't anything to do with userforms or myself.

An external agency coded our website, and in order to show different sections of our organization, they put in different pages which would then pull their 'default' page from the database. The net result of this is that there was no default "page.ss", thus the page couldn't render - I copied the Sitemap.ss file and called it Page.ss, then removed the sitemap stuff and it all came up good.

Now to add Captcha and test that out!

Cheers!

Richard

GinsengBBQ

Community Member, 2 Posts

18 September 2009 at 4:17pm

I have successfully installed userform 0.2 and SS 2.3.3 running on wampserver.
After creating a simple contact page with 2 text field and an email text field, it displayed fine except the field name has default generated names like 'editabletextfield1', 'editableemailfield4', etc.

How can I change these to more informative names like, "Name" or "Email", etc.?

Go to Top