Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms 0.2

Go to End

185 Posts   48300 Views

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

4 July 2009 at 12:25am

Edited: 10/07/2009 5:03pm

I agree the main reason in userform 0.2 is that u cant use the user email as from email and its the main problem with that.

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

4 July 2009 at 2:19am

@willr

You are right, moving to another thread: http://www.silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/263652#post263652

I'm maybe filing a bug ticket too.

Webdoc

6 July 2009 at 10:09am

@Willr

Is there gonna be soon the possibility that when client send me feedback via userforms the email of from is client email what he or she has filled in form and not not some email that was set in _config.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 July 2009 at 10:13am

There is already this ability. Rather then entering a static email in the from popup select the field you want to send from in the dropdown underneath it

Webdoc

6 July 2009 at 10:32am

Let say that client 1 email is client1@email.com and client 2 email is client2@hotmail.com

Is there any possible way that if they enter their email aadress in form it automaticly uses the email as from email. That i dont need to set anything in cms only my own aadress to the _config.

and when the third client comes end enters in form the 3 email aadress it is automaticly the from aadress when i recieve the mail in my mailbox.

In ssbits.com tuorial - http://www.ssbits.com/creating-a-simple-contact-form/ its done that when in that form the client enters his email it becomes the from email.

Webdoc

6 July 2009 at 10:33am

then when i need to reply i dont need to copy-paste the client email. but it is already the right one.

If thats what u talking about then let me know haow i can use it.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 July 2009 at 12:13pm

You are using UserForms 0.2 correct?

* Make sure you are using a recent daily build of UserForms (or the trunk version)
* Set up your form with at least 1 EmailField type (not a text field or anything). Save your form
* Go to the Email Recipients tab and you should see 'Send Email From' Dropdown with your email fields, select the field and the from address will now be pulled from this field dynamically.

Webdoc

6 July 2009 at 1:01pm

Email Subject - here is text field - no drop down
From Address - here is text field - no drop down
Send Email To - as i understand here i enter the email where all the feedbacks come
Send Email as Plain Text (HTML will be stripped) - an html or not html mail
Send Email Instead To - the possibility to send the feedback what client entered to the the clients own email
Body - some body if u want

so if i want to use the client email As FROM Aadress what is in module text area not dropdown like send instead to is.
then i cant select under from adress that send to the adress what client entered.

i download the latest trunk not possible to see dropdown under from aadress.
in dailybulds sites under modules the userforms aint listed.

Go to Top