Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UserForms 0.2

Go to End

185 Posts   48301 Views

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

6 July 2009 at 1:19pm

Edited: 10/07/2009 5:03pm

The thing i want. Is like send mail instead to. But its like a field Set From aadress where u can choose from drop down the field custom email field from feedback where client entered his own adress.

Lets say that the field is caled Your email: in feedback and also in userform admin area where i made this field using email field.
and in Email Recipient tab i can now set the From aadress the adress what client enters to email field named Your email: ........... like its done right now in send email instead to.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 July 2009 at 2:29pm

Again, Try the latest daily build or the trunk version. This functionality has been added yesterday - the abililty to set the to as well as the from address's

Webdoc

Community Member, 349 Posts

6 July 2009 at 2:35pm

where to get the latest daily build??

drye

Community Member, 49 Posts

6 July 2009 at 5:41pm

willr I just updated to the trunk of all my various modules. I'm trying to get a subscription form for a newsletter. Does 0.2 trunk support this feature? If not, will it? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Willr

6 July 2009 at 8:02pm

Hey drye,

I have not tested it with the newsletter module, I don't have much time to get it fixed but if you make a ticket on open.silverstripe.org for it I can see if I can get it into the next stable release, it could be a very easy task or a not - can't say I have ever tried the newsletter subscription form.

Big Bang Creative

Community Member, 92 Posts

6 July 2009 at 10:19pm

@willr: There is already this ability. Rather then entering a static email in the from popup select the field you want to send from in the dropdown underneath it

You are using UserForms 0.2 correct?

* Make sure you are using a recent daily build of UserForms (or the trunk version)
* Set up your form with at least 1 EmailField type (not a text field or anything). Save your form
* Go to the Email Recipients tab and you should see 'Send Email From' Dropdown with your email fields, select the field and the from address will now be pulled from this field dynamically.

In the "Add A Email Recipient" popup I can select the email field in the drop down for "Send Email Instead To". So if I have an email field I can select this and the email will send to the address the user types in the email field. I'm not sure of the purpose of this however I still see knowhere to have the from address as the users email.

I have two drop down's (as attahced in the screenshot).

I'm running v2.3.2 (stable) with the latest revision of userforms 0.2.

Willr

6 July 2009 at 10:27pm

Are you sure you are running the latest daily build? This should have both from and to. I agree the To is a bit strange - it was designed to support say if you have an accounts department and a sales department you could have a dropdown field 'Select who you want to send this too' but it currently doesn't quite do this.

Big Bang Creative

Community Member, 92 Posts

6 July 2009 at 10:31pm

Yes I checked out from http://svn.silverstripe.com/open/modules/userforms/tags/rc/0.2/

It was revision: 81124

Go to Top