Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event calendar announcements on homepage

Go to End

14 Posts   5263 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

4 December 2009 at 2:39am

At this point all I can offer to you is that I go in and take a look at what is going on. If you would like to setup a time for one-on-one support, you can contact me through my website http://www.carlinowebdesign.com

coffeymachine

Community Member, 10 Posts

1 January 2010 at 11:41am

Hi UncleCheese,

I am having a strange issue with this. Everything is working, except events coming from an .ics feed that are scheduled for today are not showing up. I tried using the RecentEvents function to no avail. The event scheduled for today is definitely in the .ics file, and it shows up fine in the regular event calendar page. Events and announcements created within SilverStripe work fine too, it is only the announcements from the .ics feed that are scheduled for today that aren't working. All the rest show up.

Any thoughts? Anybody else run across this issue?

Thanks for all your hard work!

sureshk

6 January 2010 at 1:22am

Edited: 06/01/2010 1:27am

Hi UncleCheese,
I have a requirement with Event Calendar. Like "UpcomingAnnouncements" showing in all pages, how can I show the Calendar Widget in all pages at a right side?
I have installed Event Calendar module and created one Calendar page and its Events. I need to show Calendar of these Events in all pages at the right side of the page. How can I do this?

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

6 January 2010 at 2:11am

The $CalendarWidget function is decorated into your SiteTree. So if you have only one calendar, all you need is $CalendarWidget on your template on any descendant of SiteTree.

If you have multiple calendars, you need to pass the urlsegment of the calendar you want to control the widget. $CalendarWidget(my-calendar), for instance.

mathiasmex

Community Member, 28 Posts

6 January 2010 at 3:40am

Hi Uncle Cheese,

is it possible to have a specific Event displayed ?
Something like that:

function MyWorkshop() {
	if (isset($_POST['Workshop']) && is_array($_POST['Workshop'])) {
		echo "Nothing to past";
	} else {
		$workshop = DataObject::get_one('Workshop');
	return $workshop;
	}
}		

What I am after is to pass the event details into a registration form. The code shown here is in my forms.php. But I get only random Event (or is it just the first Event?).

Thanks for your help,

mathiasmex

sureshk

6 January 2010 at 3:51am

Edited: 06/01/2010 3:53am

Thank you UncleCheese. It is working fine. I just used like
$CalendarWidget(events-calendar) in RightMenu.ss template file .
It is working fine. Thank you very much.

Go to Top