Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Event Calendar problem

18 Posts   4836 Views

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4096 Posts

23 June 2009 at 2:07am

Yeah, huge flaw in the Silverstripe ORM. It's create/modify only. It won't delete orphaned columns or tables. That bites me all the time.

PeterB

Community Member, 18 Posts

11 August 2009 at 10:28pm

Thank you UncleCheese, I had this phantom column problem with a self-created page type, and deleting the database tables and recreating got rid of it!

snaip

Community Member, 180 Posts

13 August 2009 at 6:32am

hi

can you tell me how to display Calendar in template ?
i create new Calendar page and EventPage, next ?flush=1, but only what i get is blank page with "Visit www.silverstripe.com to download the CMS" and SS toolbar with " View Page in: CMS Draft Site    Published Site"

i tried to create Calendar.ss file in mysite/template/layout with this code

<% control Events %>
<% if Announcement %>
$Title
<% else_if CurrentPage.BlindOrLink %>
<a rel="toggle" href="$Link" class="toggle-$ID">$Event.Title</a>
<% else %>
$Event.Title
<% end_if %>
<% end_control %>

but nothing happend

UncleCheese

13 August 2009 at 6:50am

Weird. Do you have a link?

snaip

13 August 2009 at 7:25am

Edited: 13/08/2009 7:25am

i delete and create pages again
now i have the SQL error

[User Error] Couldn't run query: SELECT `CalendarDateTime`.*, `CalendarDateTime`.ID, if(`CalendarDateTime`.ClassName,`CalendarDateTime`.ClassName,'CalendarDateTime') AS RecordClassName FROM `CalendarDateTime` LEFT JOIN `CalendarEvent` ON `CalendarEvent`.ID = `CalendarDateTime`.EventID WHERE ( Recursion != 1 AND ( (StartDate = '2010-02-12') OR (StartDate BETWEEN '2009-08-12' AND '2010-02-12') OR (EndDate BETWEEN '2009-08-12' AND '2010-02-12') ) AND `CalendarEvent`.EventID IN (37) ) GROUP BY `CalendarDateTime`.ID ORDER BY StartDate ASC, StartTime ASC, EventID ASC Unknown column 'CalendarEvent.EventID' in 'where clause'

it is similar to this:
http://eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com/

UncleCheese

13 August 2009 at 7:53am

I accidentally checked in a bug. Run another update.

snaip

13 August 2009 at 8:49am

Edited: 13/08/2009 8:49am

ok i fixed my problem
my class structure is:

SomeNewPageClass -> Strona_Class -> Page_Class

and Event Calendar applys to Page_Class so i must change extends Calendar and CalendarEvent to Strona/Strona_Controller
now everything is ok :)

TBunt

Community Member, 2 Posts

9 September 2009 at 3:31pm

Hi UncleCheese

I am currently using version r78 of the Event Calendar module on SilverStripe version 2.3.3 and have come across an issue.

If I add a Calendar Event page it is putting the entry in twice when I view it on the Draft/Published sites, also the link which goes to the event throws an error when I try to view it.

Also, when I delete a Calendar Event page the entry still shows on the Draft/Published sites.

I have attached some screenshots for you to look at, hopefully I have explained the bug well enough.

eventsCalendar01.png is showing the double entry under the date SEP. 10, Sep 11 is the deleted entry.

GET_silverstripe_new-calendarevent_2009-09-10.png is the error page.

I have deleted the fields from the database, all related pages from the CMS and tried re-installing the module but the problem still persists.

Thanks in advance for any light you can throw on this.