Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMSWorkflow and SS 2.3.2

Go to End

14 Posts   2968 Views

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

23 June 2009 at 9:54pm

Edited: 23/06/2009 9:58pm

Fair enough.

I am actually having another issue now, and I am not sure if it is related. I have a custom dataobject that is linked to a HomePage class. the dataobject has a TreeDropdownField that appears in the popup, but for some reason, since I upgraded, the field no longer appears. Here is the condensed code:

ObjectFlashSegment.php

static $has_one = array(
	'SegClickThrough' => 'SiteTree',
	'HomePage'	=> 'HomePage'
);

function getCMSFields_forPopup() {		
	$fields = new FieldSet();
	$fields->push(new TreeDropdownField('SegClickThroughID','Clickthrough','SiteTree'));
	return $fields;
}

The trouble is, since I upgraded, the sitetree popup has disappeared. I can only get it back by changing:

$fields->push(new TreeDropdownField('SegClickThroughID','Clickthrough','SiteTree'));

To

$fields->push(new TreeDropdownField('SegClickThrough','Clickthrough','SiteTree'));

But this doesn't save the relationship.

Any ideas?

Mo

[edit]This only happens to the TreeDropdownField in a dataobject. All the ones attached to page work fine.[/edit]

BurtOfOz

Community Member, 3 Posts

24 July 2009 at 9:58am

Gday Mo,

Just ran in the disappearing TreeDropdownField myself. Have you been able to sort this out as yet?

Thanks!

Mo

27 July 2009 at 9:09pm

Unfortunately I didn't. I had a few issues with 2.3.2, so I ended up rolling back to 2.3.1 instead. Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(. 2.3.3 is in testing now, you may want to get it and try it out, I will probably be doing that this week. I am hoping I will have better luck with it.

Mo

Andre

Community Member, 146 Posts

5 August 2009 at 6:58am

Edited: 05/08/2009 7:06am

Hi, sorry for my double post. I first posted my question here, because the same Problem was discussed in this thread, but I added it to its own topic: TreeDrobDownField doesn't show up in Popup (getCMSFields_forPopup) on SS 2.3.2 / 2.3.3
http://www.silverstripe.org:80/customising-the-cms/show/266087?showPost=266087

BurtOfOz

Community Member, 3 Posts

5 August 2009 at 9:42am

Hey Mo,

Try reversing the order of your has_one array, as follows:

static $has_one = array(
   'HomePage'   => 'HomePage',
   'SegClickThrough' => 'SiteTree'
);

That helped here. (Thanks, Tom!)

You might run into another issue once you have that visible again though, where the field creates only a single line box (when selected) underneath the initial box, making it difficult to select a page from the tree. This seems to happen only when the TreeDropdownField is the last field on the pop-up.

I believe a bug has been filed for these issues, but that the fix gets in to the guts of the system.

Good luck with it.

Mo

6 August 2009 at 11:08am

I did try reversing, rejigging and even Voodoo! It didn't really help.

I have just tried upgrading to v2.3.3, and so far everything is running smoothly, I am not getting this issue.

Fingers crossed... :)

Go to Top