Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Anti-spam frustration

Go to End

19 Posts   7943 Views

SightUnseen

Community Member, 28 Posts

30 June 2009 at 3:08pm

Edited: 30/06/2009 3:09pm

We attempted to add mollum and spamprotection to a site, and have spent hours with no result.

We first attempted to use the stable builds, and this gave no result, so tried with the latest builds of mollum, spamprotection, and userforms. Now not only is the the anti spam not present, but the addition of the line:

SpamProtecterManager::set_spam_protecter('MollomSpamProtector');

in the config.php file causes the following to be displayed on all pages (including the ../build ../flush ../admin, etc)

Fatal error: Class 'SpamProtecterManager' not found in /home/trainer/public_html/mysite/_config.php on line 30

Changing ' to " or 'SpamProtecterManager' to SpamProtectorManager' as indicated in other threads has not remedied the situation.

Has anyone else encountered this, and found a solution?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

30 June 2009 at 5:11pm

If you are using the latest trunk builds of mollom and spam protection then the following code should work

SpamProtectorManager::set_spam_protector('MollomSpamProtector');

Note we had to fix the 'set_spam_protector' vs 'set_spam_protecter' throughout the code and I may have overlooked the docs. Try that and let me know how you get on.

SightUnseen

30 June 2009 at 6:45pm

Edited: 30/06/2009 6:46pm

Still no luck; website won't function with the code in place.

Fatal error: Class 'SpamProtectorManager' not found in /home/trainer/public_html/mysite/_config.php on line 30

Appreciate the help.

Willr

30 June 2009 at 6:54pm

Well the error - 'SpamProtectorManager' lets start there - Do you have a 'SpamProtectorManager.php' file with a class inside it called 'SpamProtectorManager'. Also make sure this file starts with a '<?php' not just '<? ' as some servers won't pick it up with php shorttags.

It should be located in spamprotection/code/. If so next thing to check is you have a '_config.php' file in spamprotection/ (so SS loads the code). Next thing is to run site.com/dev/build to rebuild the manifest (to include all the php files).

SightUnseen

1 July 2009 at 8:46am

This morning I decided to start from scratch, and have deleted the old modules, and uploaded the latest:

mollom-trunk-r78454
modules_spamprotection_trunk-r80521

I ran /dev/build (and flushed the cache) and visiting the site, all works as it should, except that the anti-spam elements are not present on the page (I also tested from another browser and machine, both of which weren't logged in). As I understand it the latest releases should install the necessary elements automatically; is this correct?

Willr

1 July 2009 at 1:33pm

Is this in page comment form?.

Can you check in the CMS -> Reports Section to see if your mollom key is valid

SightUnseen

1 July 2009 at 1:49pm

The key is shown as valid.

This is for the contact form:

If it helps, the URI is http://trainersinmotion.co.nz/contact-us/

Willr

1 July 2009 at 2:57pm

Have you added a Spam Protection Field to the form in the CMS? Can you see that as an option?

Go to Top