Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Error when adding more than 5 fields in userforms

Go to End

3 Posts   1000 Views

firstpixel

Community Member, 19 Posts

24 October 2014 at 4:57pm

Edited: 24/10/2014 5:00pm

I am facing a strange phenomenon with a single website of mine. On all other websites running on the same ss version, I don`t have this problem. The only difference is, that this site also uses translatables, maybe that's a problem. However, this is what happens:

I have added five fields in the forms tab, everything was working fine. When I add the sixth field (no matter what type) it throws up an arraylist and the following error:

ERROR [User Warning]: Couldn't set response type to 403 because of output on line 130 of /mnt/weba/b2/48/53815948/htdocs/silverstripe/framework/control/Director.php IN POST /admin/pages/edit/EditForm?locale=de_DE Line 262 in /mnt/weba/b2/48/53815948/htdocs/silverstripe/framework/control/HTTPResponse.php Source ====== 253: header("$header: $value", true, $this->statusCode); 254: } 255: } else { 256: // It's critical that these status codes are sent; we need to report a failure if not. 257: if($this->statusCode >= 300) { 258: user_error( 259: "Couldn't set response type to $this->statusCode because " . 260: "of output on line $line of $file", 261: E_USER_WARNING * 262: ); 263: } 264: } 265: 266: // Only show error pages or generic "friendly" errors if the status code signifies 267: // an error, and the response doesn't have any body yet that might contain 268: // a more specific error description. Trace ===== user_error(Couldn't set response type to 403 because of output on line 130 of /mnt/weba/b2/48/53815948/htdocs/silverstripe/framework/control/Director.php,512) HTTPResponse.php:262 SS_HTTPResponse->output() Director.php:189 Director::direct(/admin/pages/edit/EditForm,DataModel) main.php:176 Nicht angemeldet

"nicht angemeldet" means not logged in

SS Version 3.1.4 and latest userforms

Can anybody give me a hint what the problem might be?

Greetings,

Thomas

Kirk

Community Member, 67 Posts

27 October 2014 at 2:21pm

I came across a similar issue with Userforms where the Web server was configured to limit the number of HTTP Post requests.
I know you will think that 5 fields are not much but you may have to bear in mind or of the other Post requests that the CMS will generate as well.

firstpixel

Community Member, 19 Posts

27 October 2014 at 6:24pm

I just copied the whole website to my server and it works fine. So you are right, it has to be some server configuration. If of interest for anybody, the server with problems is running at Strato, the good one is running at Hosteurope.

Thanks a lot for the hint.