Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Event Calendar highlight dates with events

Go to End

12 Posts   4829 Views

mage

Community Member, 10 Posts

6 July 2009 at 5:52pm

Hey Uncle Cheese,

A few things regarding the event calendar module and what might be possible:

• Can any days that have events on them be highlighted in the calendar
  • Does the calendar have to have the row picker buttons on the right

Thanks

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

7 July 2009 at 1:32am

A lot of people have requested highlighting dates with events, but it's a feature that needs to be thought through carefully. The calendar widget works on the client side only, meaning it runs asynchronously to the event database. The only way to get it to work would be to "preload" the calendar with a huge array of dates that have events, which has two major limitations 1) you have to pick an arbitrary date range to preload, and 2) Major performance hit. The only option that seems worthwhile to me is to generate the calendar with AJAX, in which case the widget would have its own template and you could do something like your second request -- create your own version without the week selection buttons.

orion

Community Member, 20 Posts

12 January 2010 at 10:19am

Can the calendar widget highlight the dates with events on them?

UncleCheese

12 January 2010 at 10:40am

Yup. Use LiveCalendarWidget.

orion

12 January 2010 at 12:15pm

Will it be able to highlight the current date and also the dates with events on them with a different color for the events? I am new to this and appreciate your help.

Thanks

orion

12 January 2010 at 12:59pm

I used the event calendar widget. is this the same as LiveCalendar widget?

UncleCheese

12 January 2010 at 2:05pm

Yeah, it's called the same way on the template.. just use $LiveCalendarWidget instead of $CalendarWidget. Be sure you're creating the new templates in your theme dir so you don't overwrite the core module files.

If you want a demo, I think it's set up on the event calendar site: eventcalendar.bluehousegroup.com

Basically it just loads new months with AJAX instead of pure client side script, so it's able to retrieve the dates in a given month that have events., and they get a CSS class that highlights them.

orion

14 January 2010 at 6:11am

Thank you Uncle Cheese. It worked wonders. I am now trying to change the colors to match the event calendar module. Is there an easy way to do this? and is there a way to resize the calendar?

Go to Top